Job Title: Program Assistant
Organization: National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU)
Duty Station: Uganda
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda (NUWODU) is an indigenous women –led Disable Peoples Organization. It is an umbrella Organization that was formed in 1999 with the overall purpose of bringing together all categories of girls and women with disabilities including the physically, sensory and mentally impaired women.
NUWODU is planning to implement 3 year project of Promoting inclusive participation and Livelihoods for women and girls with Disabilities in Busoga Region. The project will be implemented in four districts of Kamuli, Luuka, Buyende and Kaliro.
Job Summary: The Program Assistant will be responsible for implementation of all activities in a timely manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· Mobilize and form Groups of women and girls with Disabilities and their households to benefit from the livelihood component
· Collect data, document and report on women and girls with disabilities
· Build and strengthen institutions of women with Disabilities’ Association at the district level to be functional and effective including registration process where it warrants
· Support the groups formed to come up with action plans and guide them in the implementation
· Mentor and train women and girls with disabilities in life skills, human rights and gender issues
· Report and document cases of violence, discrimination against women and girls with Disabilities in the region
· Coordinate with Government and other stakeholders to address issues of women and girls with disabilities
· Link the women with disability’s groups to benefit from government programs and other programs available in the region
· Work closely with sub county, district officials and the partner to deliver the intervention
· Prepare and submit timely activity, progress and financial report to the immediate supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The Program Assistant must possess Diploma in the following fields; Development Studies, Social Work and Administration, Social Science, Adult and Community Psychology, Gender and Community Development, Disability studies and other related Humanities from Reputable Institutions. Bachelor’s degree in relevant field will be added advantage.
· A minimum of two to three years working experience in project management and Implementation, Report Writing, monitoring and evaluation and resource mobilization
· Knowledgeable in Gender and Disability issues
· Previous experience in working with women and persons with disabilities
· Able to deliver results effectively with minimum supervision, ability and willingness to learn
· Able to document results, lessons and best practices out of interventions
· Excellent communication skills
· Excellent track record in financial management, accountability and reporting
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should send a motivation letter and detailed 2-3 page Curriculum Vitae with three professional referees addressed and submitted by hand or via email to the address below:
Chairperson Personnel Committee,
National Union of Women with Disabilities of Uganda
Plot 62, Ntinda Road Kampala -Next to Capital Shoppers Mall
P.O Box 24891Kampala- Uganda.
OR send via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: NUWODU is an equal opportunity organization, and qualified women and girls with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 6th September 2016 by 5:00Pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline