Job Title: Administration Assistant
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Administration and Facilities Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Administration Assistant will support the Administration and Facilities Officer through the provision of administrative support services to World Vision Uganda and to facilitate in the conducive running of the administration systems at the national office in line with the World Vision Uganda Policies and Procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare requisitions for supplies and services on behalf of the administration department
- Receive, analyze and process services and supplies requisitions from other departments and projects to ensure timely delivery of services and items requested
- The incumbent will process payments of outstanding invoices in a timely manner to avoid any disconnections and meet our contractual obligation to the suppliers and service providers.
- Ensure that adequate stocks of administration routine user items and replenishment of all supplies are maintained at all times
Facilitation of Expatriate Staff:
- Maintain a clear database to track international schools, manage and process payments of school fees on behalf of the expatriates. Ensure that renewals are made at the beginning of each school term
- Maintain a database and proper filing system to ensure that all WVU expatriates have up to date documents during/for the rest of their contract periods with WVU.
- Process renewals, permits, special passes and any other special passes and documents necessary within the required time on the staff arrival or expiration of the existing document
International and Local Travels:
- Regularly review forms and invoices for staff travels for payment authorization
- In charge of the facilitation of WVU staff and other support offices where required with VISA processing and requirement
- Maintain an up-to-date database of all guests coming into the country
- Support to division/Program Assistants in facilitation of the guests i.e. hotel reservations, confirmation of flight reservations among others.
- Effective use of the administration activities work plan
- Prepare and submit monthly reports to tract all activities in the department
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Administration Assistant employee should hold a university degree in any business- related discipline
- A minimum of two years relevant experience in a similar position
- Good computer skills and ability to write reports using MS Office packages
- Excellent communication skills and be courteous in working with clients.
- Fluent in English.
NB: This vacancy is open to Ugandan nationals only.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline