Job Title: Donor Liaison Officer
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Communications and Development Coordinator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Donor Liaison Officer will lead the National Office servicing of WVUS Mega and Major Donors who primarily support major fundraising campaigns. The position will collaborate with appropriate WVUS Departments and the appropriate NO Departments to facilitate and document mega and major donor experience and stories. The expected results will be increased financial support of NO programs; increased awareness of, and advocacy for the National Office programs and strategy by WVUS Mega and Major donors; as well as mutual transformation (donors and beneficiaries, as well as WVUS and NO staff)./
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of keeping the WVUS Promise to Donors
- The incumbent will research, plan and provide high quality deliverables that demonstrate program impact at the individual beneficiary level (such as beneficiary impact stories, photos and video footage) for projects funded by WVUS mega and major donors.
- Ensure proper understanding of the story and resource objectives by aligning with WVUS
- Meet, plan and collaborate with NO program staff to identify effective impact ideas and recommendations (Sector Leads; ADPs; Operations; Sponsorship; Finance; Supply Chain; Guest Relations)
- Visit multiple ADPs to meet staff and beneficiaries, research and interview beneficiaries, for impact stories, videos, and pre-vision trip planning.
- Build capacity of ADP staff to understand Donor Relations and mentor them to learn how to collect information and write effective impact stories
- Prepare appropriate and strategic approaches to resource gathering.
- Deliver for the “Mega and Major Donor Campaigns” which are unique and different than other similar categories of deliverables requested by other WVUS departments
- Hosting Major Donors visiting the NO on Vision Trips.
- Establish full support of all relevant NO departments (including ND, Senior Leadership, Program and Sector staff, Sponsorship, Operations and Guest Relations) to ensure the success of US donor Vision Trips.
- Ensure understanding of the WVUS fundraising staff objectives for trip, and plan strategically with WVUS and the NO to reach these objectives. At a minimum this will involve:
- Holding debriefs with the WVUS trip host (fund raiser) and the Vision Trip participants on a daily basis
- Ensure WVUS Mega and Major donors to specific fundraising campaigns receive optimal service from all necessary NO departments, which may including the National Director, Senior Leadership Team, Sector Leaders, ADP Managers, Operations, Sponsorship, Communications, Finance and others.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The prospective World Vision Donor Liaison Officer employee should hold a Bachelor’s degree with preference in communications, community development, or related field of study required
- Broad knowledge and understanding of transformational development and ability to translate technical language into language that is easily understandable by donors
- Excellent communication and public relations skills with strong English language capability (written and oral) and ability to clearly communicate complex ideas and principles
- Experience with personal computing, email and general office productivity software
- Experience hosting or working with US groups of donors or visitors highly preferred
- Previous experience with non-government organization preferred
- English writing experience with a news agency, marketing organization, NGO or International organization
- Technical experience with video and still photography
- High level of cross-cultural interpersonal skill, personal maturity, and proven ability to influence multiple stakeholders
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 14th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline