Job Title: Chief Commercial Director
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Managing Director
Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda's most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel in Uganda is a great success story in Uganda. Our customer base has grown tremendously - so has our coverage - and our service quality is unsurpassed in the market.
Job Summary: The Chief Commercial Director will be responsible for conceiving, developing and executing the commercial strategy for Airtel Uganda for enhancement of revenues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Define strategies/plans for commercial functions and ensure that these are consistent with overall goals and objectives
- Develop and execute strategies to enhance the distribution outlay, through appointment of right channel partners.
- Derive synergies across customer segments for overall revenue enhancement - drive cross-pollination across several sales channels and customer segments.
- Develop customer-facing strategies for the all the regions.
- End-to-end responsibility for overall management of new projects and business initiatives.
- Manage the production of regular reports with analysis of major trends or issues for review and decision making.
- Identify and justify new coverage areas for network expansion and deliver effective rollouts where these are actualized.
- Keep costs under control to ensure that EBITDA margins across regions are sustained.
- Develop bench strength of future’ leaders through coaching & mentoring.
- Keenly review direct reports performance and recommend appropriate rewards and recognition.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should at least hold an advanced University degree and/or an MBA will be desirable
- Professional qualification/certification in Project Management Techniques and related disciplines.
- At least ten years’ experience with a minimum of five years in a commercial role at senior management level. P&L Management
- Five years managerial experience in a GSM/mobile company.
- Comprehensive business understanding.
- Customer focus/orientation
- Strong partner relationship management
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong people skills; building collaborative relationships, empowering and developing people.
- High entrepreneurial spirit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Candidates are invited to send their updated CVs, academic qualifications with a day phone contact, address and an email address to – The Resourcing Team via Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com
Deadline: 12th August, 2016
- Attach copies of all academic documents.
- Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
- We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted. Applicants who do not hear from us 2 weeks from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline