Job Title: Business Development Manager
Organisation: Kagga & Partners (KAGGA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Kagga & Partners (KAGGA) is a leading consulting firm in Engineering and Management. Since its formation in 1974 by Eng. Abdu S. Kagga, KAGGA has successfully executed a large number of consultancy assignments, not only in Uganda but also in East, Central and Southern Africa including Tanzania, Eritrea, Rwanda, Malawi, Swaziland, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan and Mozambique.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will provide effective business leadership that motivates the Business Development team to deliver on the Business Development Support Unit’s (SU’s) performance targets.
- Develop and implement a business strategy for the Business Development SU that includes marketing, communications (branding & PR), CSR and sales that support the Strategic Business Units (SBUs) and SUs deliver on their strategies and business objectives.
- Identify and prospect for new clients and projects through networking, cold selling, advertising and other means.
- Ensure compliance to the company’s Quality Management and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) policies.
- Grow and retain business from existing clients by presenting new solutions and services.
- As part of business development, tasked with planning, conduct market research to identify and develop new services and approaches.
- Work in close collaboration with the SBU Heads to lead in developing client and bid proposals.
- Ensure the development and management of the company’s online and offline marketing materials.
- Keenly monitor and prepare periodic performance updates of the implementation of the Business Development’s strategy and present reports to the Managing Director.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Business-related Degree from a recognised University.
- Possession of a post graduate qualification is an added advantage
- At least five years’ experience working with a reputable engineering organisation.
- Previous experience in client prospecting and proposal writing
- Prior experience in business development planning is an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively communicate
- Ability to think at a strategic level
- Ability to work with and through multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to drive and deliver set results
- Ability to pursue high standards of excellence in line with agreed policies and practices
- Ability to identify and provide opportunities that enable others reach their full potential
- Ability to network, synergise and negotiate
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their applications by clicking on this link.
Please upload the following in your application; an updated CV / resume (PDF or Word Format) which should include your contact information and three work related references and a one page statement describing your suitability for the role should be included.
Deadline: 15th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline