Job Title: Barclays Business Support Manager
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Barclays Business Support
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Barclays Business Support Manager will take responsibility for determining the objectives, strategies and actions that need to be adopted to address business-risk issues, reduce the Bank’s risk, and achieve long lasting turnaround solutions so that the customer can be returned to a Relationship Manager in the Corporate/Business Banking Department
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Management – 80%
- Lead discussions with Relationship Managers to identify Bank risk, Business risk and critical issues for specific customers. Lead proactive formulation and implementation of strategies to improve Business and Bank risk.
- Actively manage customers, through customer visiting, to ensure business and banking risk issues are addressed in a timely manner
- Obtain customers’ commitment to implement appropriate strategies and actions to improve business and Bank risk
- Keenly monitor customers’ progress by appraising results revealed by their reporting packages, reviewing / quantifying business and Bank risk.
- Analyse / appraise lending propositions, customers’ plans / strategies and budgets & cash flow - sensitivity analysis.
- Sanction, via International Credit Advisor, new lending propositions, and strategies and actions to improve risk in the BBS portfolio. Assist Relationship teams by the creation and updating of ICA where appropriate.
- Liaise with group companies to ensure coherent management of customers, where there are mutual relationships
- Serve as a reference point for Mid-Corporate relationship and credit teams for discussions on specific cases or where more general input from a BBS “specialist” is required.
- Develop network of contacts internally and also with local external professionals in order to maximise effectiveness in assisting customers.
- Promote the BBS team to internal audiences (including relationship and credit teams and group companies) and professionals.
- Where appropriate, manage the use of professionals including accountants, turnaround managers, solicitors and property professionals, obtaining customer’s agreement to their use, preparing instructions and reviewing results.
- Transfer account responsibility out of team when appropriate, including possibly to a Corporate Recovery Team
- Ensure data integrity is maintained, and raise provision if required
Sales & Service – 20%
- Lead detailed negotiations with customers, sometimes in conjunction with Relationship Managers, regarding the agreement to, and implementation of strategy e.g. new lending propositions, terms and conditions of continuing Bank support etc.
- Identify sales opportunities, progressing these in partnership with Relationship Managers and Group companies where appropriate
- Build and manage relationships with customers in a manner which, through professional communication of often uncomfortable messages, increases customer satisfaction and enhances the Barclays Brand.
- Ensure appropriate pricing is achieved
- Champion Records Management, Data Privacy and LAM Procedures and Process.
Risk, Governance and Regulatory: Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Barclays Operational Risk Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Standards.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Business Support Manager job opportunity should preferably hold a university Degree in Statistics, Economics or it’s equivalent
- Previous experience of relationship management of corporate customers
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the role of Business Support and Corporate Recoveries in Africa
- Previous experience of credit risk analysis and/or sanctioning
- Experience of working under pressure and with very little supervision
- Previous experience of both corporate relationship management and credit risk analysis
- Experience of dealing with senior management of corporate entities
- Strong negotiation skills
- Intellectual and analytical skills of a high order. He/she is likely to be a graduate and / or have a professional qualification.
- The strength of character, credibility and personal presence and the communication skills to operate confidently and effectively at senior levels both internally and externally.
- The flexibility to appreciate the commercial objectives of the business, coupled with an ability to challenge, independently and constructively, senior management, peers or other staff where appropriate, to insist upon adherence to the highest standards of business practice and to the requirements of relevant authorities. Tact and sensitivity as well as strength and authority are important.
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times.
- Ability to consider issues from a range of angles and propose creative solutions that assist the business in achieving its goals in a safe, compliant and controlled manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with senior internal and external audiences – to educate, persuade, negotiate, gain decisions, enforce.
- Ability to influence senior management.
- Ability to make a real contribution in a rapidly changing environment and thrive on change and the need to learn rapidly.
- The individual must be a self-starter and be able to diagnose and solve problems. The role will require working under very minimal supervision and the use of a great deal of initiative. The role requires the individual to be able to link data and trends and provide formulate realistic, achievable turnaround strategies.
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.
For queries contact us on 0417122453 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 2nd August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline