Job Title: Access Network Operations Engineer
Organization: Liquid Telecommunications
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Access Network Operations Team Leader
Liquid Telecommunications is a leading independent data, voice and IP provider, committed to building Africa’s digital future.
Job Summary: The Access Network Operations Engineer will be mainly responsible for the analysis, implementation, optimization and maintenance of wireless and fixed telecommunications networks. The major responsibilities include link budget analysis, system dimensioning for coverage and capacity including traffic analysis, site identification and evaluation, frequency planning, interference analysis and optimization. The incumbent will conduct preventive and corrective maintenance. The individual will typically conduct the day to day technical operations, and answer resulting technical and operational questions.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor of Science degree or Diploma, preferably in Telecommunications, Computer engineering, Computer science and or any other such equivalent.
· Professional networks vendor certification - Cisco, Juniper or other equivalent, will be of advantage.
· At minimum of two years’ experience in a Telco engineering capacity preferably in a Telecommunication or ISP environment.
· Good knowledge of the telecommunication marketplace.
· Broad knowledge and understanding of system topology, air interface and transmission parameters for the latest Fiber Optics and Microwave radio technologies.
· Stay abreast with Global telecommunication trends and technology developments.
· Good technical and analytical skills
· Excellent oral and written negotiation and communication skills
· Hands on experience with telecommunication power solutions.
· Good problem-solving skills.
· The applicant should be able to install and diagnose network equipment e.g., routers, switches etc., implement and configure networks with advanced routing protocols and also conduct performance tuning, capacity planning and management.
· Proven knowledge and skill set on fiber Networks is an added advantage.
· Flexible to work long hours including weekends and on call at short notice.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should write in confidence to email@example.com attaching updated detailed curriculum vita containing details of qualification, experience, present position, current remuneration including a daytime telephone contact, email address and three referees.
Deadline: 25th August 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline