Organization: Rift Valley Railways (RVR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Sales Manager
Rift Valley Railways is the region’s oldest socio-economic binding asset and currently operates a total of 2541.44 kilometers of track network linking the shores of the Indian Ocean to the agriculturally rich hinterland of the Kenya Highlands and into Kampala, Uganda on the shores of Lake Victoria in a 25-year concession agreement originally signed in 2006.
Job Summary: The Account Manager builds, strengthens and maintains working relationships with strategically nominated customers. The incumbent will be assigned to one or more large customers and tasked with achieving sales quota and assigned strategic account objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Product Managers in developing the right products for the clients
- Meets assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives.
- Engage clients to create demand for transportation service. Grow clients existing business in line with RVR set growth targets.
- The incumbent will negotiate customer agreements on asset turnaround time within the approved company standard
- Follow up payments for services provided and invoiced out
- Establish customer requirements and provide information for decision-making and preparation of sales reports.
- Closely coordinates company executive involvement with customer management
- Managing customer care in line with the company policy to ensure customer delight.
- Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned customer accounts
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis.
- Leads solution development efforts that best address customer needs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Rift Valley Railways Account Manager job vacancies must hold University degrees in business, marketing sales or relevant professional qualifications.
- Professional qualifications such as CIM or equivalent
- Broad knowledge in custom procedures relating to Transit/Export cargo.
- Commercial acumen and sale closing ability
- A strong commercial awareness in transport and logistics sector
- The incumbent must be a relationship builder, team player with excellent interpersonal skills
- Possess excellent communication skills.
- Good team player, computer literacy, planning skills, presentation skills, numerical and statistics skill
- Knowledge of the Railway sector and client costing will be an added advantage
- Excellent analytical and critical strategic thinking skills.
- Good written and verbal communication abilities.
- High degree of confidentiality and integrity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV and application letter with copies of academic and professional certificates to:
The General Manager Human Resources,
Rift Valley Railways Uganda,
P.O. Box 7891 Kampala, Uganda
Deadline: 26th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline