Job Title: Medical Officer (3 Job Opportunities)
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Clinic Manager
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a National Ugandan Organization that was established in 1991 as a Medical Institution and HIV/AIDS Centre of Excellence specializing in Medical Research, Health Care and Training.
Job Summary: The Medical Officer will be responsible for providing a holistic approach to the investigation, diagnosis and management of health concerns of JCRC clients and patients on top of providing support to ongoing medical research projects and studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow-up clients under the study.
- Enroll and follow up research participants which involves management of infection, capturing quality data, carrying out research specific procedures and referral where need arises.
- Assess, investigate, initiate and monitor both in and out patients on antiretroviral therapy.
- Actively engage in continuous medical education, training, and be knowledgeable of WHO, Ministry of Health and JCRC guidelines on patient management and follow up.
- Explain investigatory results to clients.
- The incumbent will prescribe anti-retroviral and other drugs to clients.
- Diagnose and follow up patients in the tuberculosis clinic.
- Schedule review visits where necessary.
- Educate clients on the relationship between lifestyle and disease.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to you from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a University degree of Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery.
- Potential candidates should be registered members of Uganda Medical and Dental Practitioners Association.
- At least two years’ experience specifically preferably from an HIV/AIDs Care and Management setting will be required.
- Significant experience and exposure to HIV/AIDS medical related research will be of an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications and supporting documents including copies of academic qualifications and Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating names and contacts of three professional referees should either via post to: Manager Human Resource and Development Joint Clinical Research Centre, Plot 101, Lubowa Hill, Entebbe road P.O. Box 10005, Kampala or via email with all documents combined in one PDF document on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: Monday, 8th August 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline