Job Title: Vetting Officer (2 Job Careers)
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Vetting Officer will verify all voucher claims entered into the claims processing platform to support the timely reimbursement of Maternal and family planning voucher services delivered by MSU. The claims processing platform uses unique serial numbers and barcodes on vouchers along with customized claim processing software to promote best-in-field voucher management. Claims Vetting Officers are expected to assess the validity of claims from a broader medical perspective and identify claims with inconsistencies between sound medical practice and services delivered.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technical analysis of all claims in the system for approval, quarantining or rejection of claims
- Evaluate each claim from a logical, medical and technical perspective
- Match the cost of claims against services provided
- Identify claims with abnormalities for quarantine and record supporting evidence
- Reject incomplete claims with supporting documentation
- Liaise with service providers to further investigate abnormal claims from a medical perspective using an evidence based approach
- Conduct calls or visits to service providers with quarantined claims to collect further evidence supporting their claims, such as client records
- Guide providers on submitting future claims correctly
- Manage and handle all data with confidentiality and ensure all data protection mechanism are strictly adhered to
- Monitor for patterns of abnormal claims and identify capacity gaps in service provider’s knowledge and claims reporting.
- Compare new claims against historical claims from providers to uncover repeated incidences of claim issues
- The incumbent will report recurrent issues to a superior with supporting evidence
- Generate vetting reports for the finance team to guide claims payments: Generate monthly reports for the finance team with clear guidance on which claims to process for payments and which claims to reject
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Vetting Officer jobs should hold Diplomas in midwifery
- Knowledge of clinical procedures and reproductive health issues essential
- Previous medical experience in midwifery essential
- Proven ability to maintain high levels of confidentiality
- Excellent communication skills
- Good ability to work well in a team
- More than one Ugandan language desirable
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Vetting Officer is required to demonstrate MSU’s core values of:
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Select Vetting Officer
Deadline: 5th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline