Job Title: Senior Conference Officer
Organisation: East African Community
Duty Station: Arusha, Tanzania
Reports to: Principal Administrative Officer
The East African Community is a regional intergovernmental organization comprising the Republic of Burundi, the Republic of Kenya, the Republic of Rwanda, the United Republic of Tanzania, and the Republic of Uganda with its Headquarters in Arusha, Tanzania. The EAC mission is to widen and deepen economic, political, social and cultural integration to improve the quality of life of the people of East Africa through increased competitiveness, value added production, trade and investments.
Job Summary: The Senior Conference Officer will provide efficient and effective conference management services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and provide conference policy guidelines and administrative procedures and co-ordinate their implementation.
- Co-ordinate and organize conferences, meetings, workshops and seminars as appropriate.
- Manage all administrative logistics regarding the preparations, organizing and convening of the said meetings, conferences, seminars and other related events.
- Work closely with the Procurement Section, co-ordinate sourcing for and payments for conference services.
- Facilitate travel arrangements for delegates attending EAC meetings, conferences, workshops and seminars as appropriate.
- Take note of emerging issues from discussions during conferences, workshops and Meetings and follow up with relevant authorities.
- Work in liaison with the host Governments/Institutions to facilitate the fulfillment of obligations of the Secretariat in relation to meetings, conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Under the guidance of the Principal Administrative Officer, the Senior Conference Officer to ensure adequate budgetary/ logistical provisions for conference services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the East African Community Senior Conference Officer job placement must hold a Master’s Degree in Public Administration, Arts, Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognized University/Institution.
- A minimum of eight years of relevant experience, with three years at Senior Level. Knowledge of and experience in events management is essential.
- Skills and Competencies: Strong pro-active, organizational, analytical, communication, administrative, computer and report writing skills. Good skills in time management and the ability to deal with people in different capacities are desirable.
- Age: Below 55 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested Ugandan candidates are advised to send their applications, detailed curriculum vitae, photocopies of academic certificates, names and contact details of three (3) referees, and a copy of National Identity Card, Birth Certificate or Passport showing the date of birth. Please quote the respective reference number on both the application letter and the envelope. For electronic submissions, please quote the respective reference number on the subject of the email and forward to the address given below.
- Please submit your application either electronically or in hard copy but not both.
- Applications which do not: indicate nationality and age; the reference number; an application letter attached; have certified copies of their academic degrees and other professional certificates; or fail to provide three referees shall be disqualified.
All invitations for interviews shall be done in writing to:
Executive Selection Division,
Deloitte Consulting Limited,
10th Floor PPF Tower
Cnr of Ohio Street & Garden Avenue:
P O Box 1559 Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania
Fax +255(22) 2116379
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Monday, 15th August 2016, 17:00Hrs.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline