Job Title: Purchasing Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Africa, besides exploration and production and renewable energies, Total is active across the whole petroleum product supply chain (service station network, general trade, lubricants, aviation fuels, bitumen, LPG) in more than 40 countries, where the Group is the sector leader with an estimated 18% market share. Around 1.8 million customers are served every day at one of TOTAL’s 4,200 service stations on the continent.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Purchasing Officer will be tasked with carrying out TOTAL’s procurement of goods and services from the suppliers.
- The incumbent will co-ordinate the tendering of bids for goods and services in line with the principles of purchasing and company guidelines.
- The jobholder will vet the existing and new vendors on a regular basis by doing due diligence on compliance with the law, HSEQ standards and the TOTAL Code of Conduct.
- Prepare and submit reports on Purchasing to Management.
- The incumbent will also negotiate contracts for and on behalf of Company and set Performace KPIs for vendors.
- Participate in the development of the annual Purchasing plan of the Company.
- Update and maintain the Supplier database through referral or prequalification
- Perform any other duties assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TOTAL Purchasing Officer career opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Procurement and Supply Chain Management/ Commerce or Business Administration and Management or relevant field of study.
- Professional qualification in Procurement is an added advantage
- At least three years working experience in Purchasing, Procurement and Supply Chain management in a busy commercial environment
- Excellent negotiation, communication, analytical, interpersonal and organisation skills
- Self-driven and result oriented
- Should possess working knowledge of some local languages
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who so desire to join on of the world’s leading international oil and gas companies, TOTAL, in the aforementioned capacity should endeavor to Apply Online by Clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 15th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline