Job Title: Project Coordinator EC
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Salary Range: UGX 32,500,000 p.a.
Reports to: Head of Programmes
VSO is the world’s leading independent international development organisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. Our high-impact approach brings people together to share skills, build capabilities, promote international understanding and action to change lives and make the world a fairer place.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator EC will be providing effective and efficient field based support to the implementation with effective coordination and delivery of EC project including project closure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all project activities are implemented according to agreed annual, quarterly and monthly work plans and budgets providing support, technical advice and supervision to EC Project Officer, VSO volunteer, EC Sub Grants Officer and EC partners;
- Ensure EC project delivers against timeframes and project output and outcome targets/objectives
- Lead quarterly budget reforecasts; and monthly partner requisitions
- Monitor expenditure against budgets and work plans monthly; identify any areas of variance and communicated to HOP, (EC project team and partners) with suggested corrective actions
- Ensure VSO’s financial and procurement requirements are adhered to by project team and partners
- Lead EC monthly Grants Management Meetings and quarterly project review meetings
- Ensure timely and effective closure of EC project closure; according to project closure plan working closely with project team, partners, HoP, operations and finance
- Ensure all project documentation and reports are up-to-date as per VSO guidelines and donor requirements to provide HoP with all the information needed to compile Donor and internal reporting; Input into donor reporting
- Provide weekly updates on project progress and closure plan to HoP (EC volunteer, SGO, PO-EC, Partners) acting quickly on deviations against plans and budget with solutions to overcome; Submit activity and monthly plans/reports to HoP
- Keenly review and provide feedback to activity and monthly reports submitted by PO-EC, EC volunteer and Partners
Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Work in close coordination with the M&E coordinator to ensure delivery of EC communications and M&E plan including documentation of good practice and case studies for publicity, visibility and reporting
- Facilitate a culture of learning and knowledge sharing between staff, volunteers and partners
- Maintain and strengthen partnership with EC partners to ensure delivery of project objectives and mitigate risks; ensure application of VSO people first principles in the partnership
- Carry out monthly support supervision visits to partners and EC volunteer to support the partnerships and ensure quality standards; provide on the job coaching and support as needed
- Identifying, maintain and strengthen relationships with key stakeholders to strengthen project impact and sustainability after closure
- Represent VSO at events and meetings as appropriate.
- Manage, coach and motivate a high performing EC project team within the performance management framework; ensuring application of VSO people first principles
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 meetings with direct reports
- Provide support to EC volunteer, including safety and emergencies and personal support as needed.
- Ensuring application of VSO people first principles in volunteer management and support
- Conduct monthly 1-2-1 and quarterly review meetings with EC volunteer
- Engage volunteer in planning and review processes, supporting them to identify linkages between their work and delivery of VSOs goals.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Development studies, Agriculture, Business Administration or other equivalent experience
- At least three years of relevant experience of implementing/managing youth livelihood, projects with a particular focus on vocational training and enterprise development
- Significant experience in applying project cycle management practices at a project or community level
- Practical experience gained within an NGO context is desired
- Working knowledge and experience of livelihoods programming is desired
- Previous experience and knowledge of Northern Uganda is desired
- Familiarity with EC Project is desired
- Demonstrated success at networking and partnership development
- Demonstrated ability at successfully monitoring and evaluating programmes;
- Prior exposure and experience in financial management, including budgeting, monitoring and managing expenditure
- Proven ability to develop and motivate others within a team.
- Evidence of leadership skills including handling personnel situations to an effective conclusion.
- Oral and written fluency in English, with confidence in communicating to a wide range of audiences
- IT literate (Microsoft packages)
- Self-motivated, ability to use own initiative, flexibility.
- Previous experience of working with and understanding the challenges faced by young people in northern Uganda.
- Ability to ride a motorcycle with valid license
- Fluent in Luo or Lango
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline