Job Title: Production Supervisor
Organisation: AH Consulting
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
AH Consulting is a consultancy company with expertise in specialised fields, analytics, engineering and technology focused on achieving client goals. AH Consulting primary focuses on; Management Consulting, Human Capital Management, Technology Services, Development Consulting, Engineering, Oil and Gas. They would like to recruit for a valuable client, a company in the energy sector.
Job Summary: The Production Supervisor will implement pole production targets in order to achieve company goals and objectives
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct inspection of seasoned poles being delivered by the suppliers in line with procurement guidelines.
- Stack delivered poles in appropriately selected areas according to sizes in line with storage guidelines.
- Conduct tests on the treatment chemicals (creosote) being supplied in line with industry standards.
- Take control of the pole handlers including their fuel usage and maintenance.
- Work closely with the stores section to ensure that only poles of same size are stacked together and keep a record of stacked poles.
- Keep custody of pole handler keys, power saws, slashers and any other tools.
- Test moisture content of poles before and after treatment to ensure proper chemical penetration of the poles.
- Prepare production schedules and present weekly production reports to the Manager Pole Plant and Stores.
- The jobholder will develop a maintenance schedule for the treatment plant
- Carry out deployment and supervision of casual laborers working in the yard.
- Take care of the company’s eucalyptus forest at Walumanyi and ensure that more trees are planted and the old ones are maintained.
- Identify risks in the section and devise mechanisms of mitigating them.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Production Supervisor job opportunity must hold a Bachelor’s degree in wood science and technology from a recognized university.
- At least three years of related work experience in a recognized organization preferably within the energy sector
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to work amidst tight deadlines.
- Computer literacy with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office, PowerPoint presentations, database management systems
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an updated CV (clearly indicating three professional referees and their contacts), cover letter, and certified copies of academic documents to the address or email below.
AH Consulting Limited,
Plot 10 Saddler Lane, Naguru, Kampala. Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 29th July 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline