Job Title: Procurement Manager
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement
DFCU bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Job Summary: The Procurement Manager will be responsible for DFCU Bank’s procurement processes including; supplier & contract management, procurement requests processing, supplier selection, order evaluation, facilitation of approvals by the Procurements Committee and Services’ evaluation in accordance with the Bank’s policies and procedures to achieve the Bank’s strategic objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement procurement policies and procedures to cover all procurement and logistics activities in order to deliver the Bank’s procurement action plan.
- Regularly review all requisitions to ensure that purchases are made within the various cost centres’ set capital and Operational expenditure budgets.
- Implement and maintain approved supplier contracts to ensure that services provided are as per the agreed terms and conditions.
- Develop and maintain an approved supplier database based on the agreed upon vendor assessment techniques in order to measure performance and quality of supply.
- Evaluate and, where applicable, negotiate offers from pre-qualified suppliers based on the Procurement Policy; in a timely manner and at lowest total cost of ownership without compromising quality.
- Develop staff, as well as foster a team approach by actively building strong working relationships within the unit.
- Prepare weekly status updates to the Procurement Committee and ensure all recommendations therefrom are implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all procurement and administrative requests across the Bank are attended to and completed within the set timelines.
- Work closely with all functions to provide a consultancy service for specifications, evaluations and awarding of all relevant contracts.
- Set performance targets for staff and monitor performance against these.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Procurement Manager job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Purchasing and Logistics Management or Supply Chain Management.
- Professional qualification in Procurement such as CIPS.
- A minimum of four years’ working experience in procurement or any related discipline.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the procurement policy, processes and controls
- A good understanding of how the different organizational functions and processes relate to each other.
- Commercial knowledge of company business requirements.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to supervise, train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to proactively lead change initiatives.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: Vacanciesbank@dfcugroup.com
Deadline: 15th July 2016
NB: Therefore, if you do not hear from us by 29th July 2016, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline