Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Registration and Operation
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager, Registration and Operations will oversee the processes, systems, people and other resources and equipment involved in the identification and registration of persons in Uganda in accordance with the Authorities strategies and plans to help in achievement of NIRA’s mandate
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent plans, develops and implements strategies for civil registration, providing policy advice and direction regarding citizenship verification and registration as well as assessing performance of activities
- In charge of designing and controlling internal operations systems, work flow process and procedures for the registration of births, citizenship and deaths
- Plans and implements strategies for processing of registration data and production of identification documents / certificates and issuance of national identity cards
- Develops appropriate, efficient and cost effective procedures, processes and work methods for verification, registration and issuance of national identity cards
- The incumbent manages and supervises operations of the civil registry, provides leadership, initiates and implements work plans
- Manages the assessment and collection of non-tax revenue accruing from registrations
- The jobholder will also develop strategies for capacity enhancement and coordination of authorised registering entities including health facilities, local governments and other registering agencies
- The incumbent evaluates staff performance in line with the Human Resource Regulations
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director, Registration and Operation
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager, Registration and Operations - Headquarters career placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in law with a post graduate diploma in legal practice, or A Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Social Sciences or other related field from a recognised institution
- Possession of a Master’s degree preferably in Management or HR related field from a recognised institution is an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven (7) years of relevant work experience in a reputable public or private organisation, three (3) of which at a managerial level.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Good analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline