Job Title: Manager, Planning and Strategy
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head, Planning and Strategy
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager, Planning and Strategy will oversee the planning and research activities to enable NIRA achieve its goals and targets
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participates in the formulation and/or review of the corporate strategy and other plans including annual work plans
- Manages the implementation of strategic plans and ensures management is abreast with the progress made towards achievement of goals and targets
- Coordinates with other directorates to generate issues for research and organises for such research to be undertaken
- Ensures that there is a clear approach on drafting and compiling planning briefs, public notices, site location plans, and other necessary documentation to aid planning processes
- Regularly tracks deliverables and documents and reports progress and makes sure there is approval of the implementation of plans at every level
- Documents lessons from research activities and creates for a for sharing and disseminating those lessons
- Prepares reports, articles and blogs that synthesise key findings from across research activities
- Builds and strengthens professional relationships with local government officials, other development organisations, and civil society organisations
- Responsible for developing new evidence based solutions that are responsive to changing needs and identified gaps and prioritising the piloting of relevant new initiatives in NIRA’s programmes
- Works with other Managers to ensure that activities are implemented on plan and progress towards targets is not compromised.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Head, Planning and Strategy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager, Planning and Strategy job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in either: Statistics, Economics or related field from a recognised institution
- Possession of a Master’s Degree in planning or equivalent will be an added advantage
- Proven competence in qualitative and quantitative data analysis techniques.
- Hold formal certifications/qualifications in Computer Science/Information Technology; and Planning.
- A minimum of seven (7) years relevant work experience, three of which should have been at managerial level in a reputable public or private organization
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- IT literacy
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline