Job Title: Manager Data Processing and Production
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director ICT
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager Data Processing and Production will be responsible for data capture and processing as well as managing the systems for the production and issuance of Identity cards. The incumbent will also ensure that production meets output and quality goals while remaining within budget limitations as well as will develop production schedules, duty assignments and make strategic decisions as necessary to alter programmes when time or budget limitations are reached while ensuring compliance with workplace safety programmes and organising and cross-training worker teams for maximum production flexibility.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the use and maintenance of the IT equipment (including the biometric data processing system) for verification and identification of physical characteristics of enrolled and registered persons
- Coordinates all technical aspects necessary for the effective identification of citizens and non-citizens
- Carries out research and surveys to determine realistic threats to the person identification system, ensuring its security and preventing the misuse of data embedded in the biometric system
- Plans and implements strategies for processing of registration data and production of National Identity Cards and using biometric system
- The incumbent develops appropriate procedures and work methods to ensure that verification, registration and production of National Identity Cards work plans and processes are efficient and cost effective.
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director ICT
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Data Processing and Production job opportunity should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in industrial technologies, industrial engineering, business administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field is a must.
- Possession of a Master’s degree in industrial technologies, industrial engineering, business administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or related field will be an added advantage.
- Possession of professional process improvement qualifications such as six sigma will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven years’ experience in management of data processing or data production functions with a reputable public or private organisation of which three should have been at management level.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Broad knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources)
- Highly knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Previous experience in production infrastructure planning and development.
- Strong team leading skills.
- High level of integrity, professionalism and attention to detail.
- High level of confidentiality
- Demonstrated ability to use initiative and work proactively.
- Excellent customer service skills, including highly developed communication skills in all forms.
- IT literacy and Computer software applications skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline