Job Title: Manager Administration
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director, Finance and Administration
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Manager Administration will oversee and coordinate the administration function for smooth running of NIRA operations, programmes, and activities within the various directorates.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures that good administrative policy and procedural manuals are in place and administration systems are fully operational
- Develops annual plans of equipping the authority with required facilities, equipment, vehicles and furniture
- The incumbent identifies office requirements and works closely with the procurement department to have them acquired
- Coordinates the allocation and utilisation of office space and distribution of other resources
- Ensures that there is a schedule of maintenance or servicing and/or repairs of the premises, furniture, facilities, equipment and vehicles as may be appropriate in accordance with NIRA policy and procedures
- Ensures proper management of the NIRA’s properties, machinery and equipment, fleet of vehicles, and other facilities
- Ensures that the Authority’s premises and units are well serviced with utilities such as power and water and that bills are promptly paid
- Supervises and motivates staff under his department to enable them perform their tasks more effectively and efficiently
- Works closely with Manager HRM to carry out staff performance appraisals in accordance with the human resource policies and procedures
- Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the Director Finance and Administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Manager Administration vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honours in Social Sciences or equivalent qualification from a recognised institution
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a relevant field would be an added advantage
- At least seven years of related work experience, three of which should have been at a supervisory level in a reputable public or private organisation.
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment to drive results.
- Broad knowledge of relevant statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Flexibility to react effectively to unforeseen circumstances
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent analytical skills
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to lead and motivate co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Good IT literacy skills
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline