Job Title: Maintenance Officer
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head – Projects
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Maintenance Officer will be tasked with ensuring efficient maintenance of the Company’s properties, as well as plant and manage the operation and maintenance of the Company’s mechanical plant and equipment to ensure that the needs of the Company are met in the most economical and effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out regular servicing of all machinery, ranging from the daily maintenance of greasing and checking for minor faults, through weekly and monthly to annual maintenance
- Maintain all operating equipment so that there are no leakages and if any, they are rectified immediately.
- Actively participate in the planning, configuration, evaluation, inspection and procurement of construction plant and equipment
- Prepare property maintenance plans and budgets for approval by Head of projects.
- Ensure that machines are operating at full potential and have no faults.
- Prepare service and repair notes and diagrams for machines without manuals.
- Actively participate in developing and operationalize maintenance policies, procedures and systems
- Evaluate and certify maintenance and repair works done and prepare payment requests.
- Source spare parts whenever need arises.
- Prepare and submit daily reports to the Senior Project Engineer.
- Perform any other duties as may, from time to time, be directed by relevant authority
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must either hold a Bachelor’s of science degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related degree in relevant discipline from a recognized Institution with three (3) years relevant working experience in the areas of Maintenance (including mechanical plant and equipment), in a large and reputable Construction, or Civil Works Company, or a reputable Real Estate firm, or a large and reputable public sector organization.
An advanced/Higher Diploma in Mechanical Engineering or a closely related and relevant discipline from a recognized Institution with six (6) years relevant working experience in the areas of Maintenance (including mechanical plant and equipment), in a large and reputable Construction, or Civil Works Company, or a reputable Real Estate firm, or a large and reputable public sector organization.
- Specialized training and appropriate qualifications in Systems Maintenance, and or Project Planning and Management from recognized institutions shall be an added advantage.
- Proven knowledge and skills in application of Maintenance-related Software and MS Office Packages (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint), are essential.
- Good leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, diagnosis and negotiation skills
- Maturity, high ethics and integrity.
- Ability to build team spirit
- Eager to impart knowledge and to mentor and develop others
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications clearly marked “Application for the position of Maintenance Officer and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of testimonials & three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 659,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 15th July 2016 by 4:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline