Job Title: Loan Officers (Several Vacancies)
Organisation: SYPO Uganda Ltd
Duty Station: Mukono, Uganda
SYPO Uganda Ltd. is a subsidiary of the Dutch NGO SYPO that has been active in the Mukono district for the past nine years. Our ambitious microfinance organisation was started in 2011 and provides low-threshold business loans to groups of women in rural parts of the Mukono and Buikwe districts. The organisation uses an innovative microfinance model in which each loan officer is responsible for one rural zone that is served from a small zone office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
· In charge of client recruitment
· Responsible for processing loan applications and supporting prospective clients in creating basic business plans
· In charge of appraising applicant’s businesses and ensuring that loans are disbursed to creditworthy clients only
· Sensitising clients regarding the organisation’s rules and procedures
· The incumbent will be in charge of disbursing loans
· Ensure timely collection of repayments with thorough follow-up of late payers
· In charge of monitoring of clients’ business performance and general development
· Administering of all portfolio transactions in the organisation’s online administration system
· Keeping of accurate financial records of the zone
· Organize and participate in regular meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
· All candidates should hold a relevant academic degree (finance, commerce, business administration)
· The applicant should preferably have at least one to three years of relevant work experience.
· The candidates should be enthusiastic about working in a rural setting
· Ability to effectively communicate with both uneducated villagers and the international management team.
· The candidates should be fluent in both Luganda (spoken) and English (written and spoken).
· Possess computer literacy skills with proficiency in Microsoft office, email and database software.
How to Apply:
All interested candidates should send their applications for these vacancies can be submitted to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please mention clearly in the subject line ‘Application Loan Officer.’
Deadline: 20th July, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline