Job Title: Head of Risk, Security and Claims
Organisation: G4S Secure Solutions
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Reference: G4S/TP/2357128/67127
G4S plc (formerly Group 4 Securicor) is a British multinational security services company headquartered in Crawley, United Kingdom. It is the world's largest security company measured by revenues and has operations in around 125 countries. With over 620,000 employees, it is the world's third-largest private sector employer (after Wal-Mart Stores and Foxconn). G4S was founded in 2004 by the merger of the UK-based Securicor plc with the Denmark-based Group 4 Falck.
Job Summary: The Head of Risk, Security and Claims will guide and report on the risk and stability of security procedures in the Uganda business. The incumbent will serve as a catalyst for improvement of security procedures and the transfer of best practice security solutions throughout the Group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead and drive the security compliance activities of the country, in accordance with G4S minimum security standards, enabling business plan objectives to be achieved.
- Oversee the development and coordinate the implementation of cash services minimum security standards, ensuring that these are consistently applied within Business Units, ensuring that all employees are safeguarded and attack losses reduced.
- Manage a program of regular reviews and audit of security standards within each Business Unit, to ensure complete compliance with Group Security requirements and procedures.
- Develop effective and influential relationships with functional security reports and Group Insurance, leading to greater risk control and a reduction in losses and insurance premiums.
- Develop the technical skills and security capability of functional reports, which will raise the competency and skills of the security function, enabling improved business performance.
- Take lead of the process for the identification and transfer of best security compliance practice across the Country, to ensure that security standards and procedures are continuously improved.
- Keenly review and recommend changes to operating limits, evaluating against local risk profiles, and ensuring that Country risk levels are appropriate.
- Continually communicate and raise awareness of attack and internal losses across the Country
- Working to actively build networks and influence relevant decision makers in Government and Law Enforcement Authorities within the country. Ensure that the organisation is visible and recognised in the market.
- Keenly review and approve new Branch, Vehicle and other Security equipment related designs.
- Prepare and submit requisite Security reports and analysis to agreed timelines.
- Carrying out physical security surveys in order to determine risk recommend security and implement security and safety measures necessary
- Investigating and determining route causes of incidents and losses and implement adequate controls to prevent re-occurrence.
- Offering assistance in investigations of incidents of thefts, break-ins etc at assignments.
- Offering professional consultancy and advice on physical protective security to customers.
- Managing Firearms (chemical maces, gas injectors and bullet-proof vests) in line with company security policy & complying with applicable law
- Carrying out thorough and complete vetting of all G4S staff and potential employees
- Responsible for implementation and management of Health and Safety
- Research, develop and implement a claims management system that is fit for purpose across all business units. Working with the service line managers ensuring, accurate reporting, collation, compilation, analysis, investigating and management of all claims data.
- Develop systems and processes to minimise the cost of claims and improve the profitability, visibility of claims within the businesses and provide total transparency during the claims inquiry and settlement process.
- Create and maintain a G4S Claims Tracker that provides oversight and update information on all claims activity. Audit all files and claims on a monthly basis, treating all files as secure items, utilising a secure and managed booking in and out system.
- Coordinate, convene and record (minutes) and distribute all claims monthly committee meetings.
- Instigate a pro active and regular update and liaison system with all service lines relating to all claims perceived, identified and live. Updating of the tracker on a daily weekly basis as progress is made. Identify risk areas, excessive claims, pattern setting, initiate root cause analysis linking to after event review (lessons learned) for the specific service lines relating to each and incident and liability claim.
- Work closely with the investigations, credit control, sales / operations teams at branch and regional level to understand and resolve customer and contract claim related issues. Be prepared to deploy in the field to deal with difficult and detailed claim enquiries in support of the operational and risk teams in the business.
- To regularly meet/be in communication with key customers and branches to resolve issues and proactively develop effective working relationships.
- Ensure, in association with Legal department that the business is compliant with legal and regulatory requirements relating to claims and contracts where relevant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be an Ex-Police Officer with a discharge certificate
- The applicant must hold a degree qualification with experience of working in a global and culturally diverse environment.
- Proven knowledge and experience of Security Management and Security Risk expertise
- Must be fluent in English, willing to be mobile and flexible in their attitude to performing their duties.
- Strong people development and process skills are a non-negotiable.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing ability.
- Must be able to work independently, often in remote areas and must be computer literate.
How to Apply:
If you so desire to join G4S in the aforementioned capacity, Please Click on web link below for full job details and apply online.
Deadline: 1st August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline