Job Title: Finance & Administration Assistant
Organisation: Community Efforts for Child Empowerment (CECE)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Finance and Administration Officer (FAO)
Community Efforts for Child Empowerment (CECE) is a registered non-profit making and Child focused NGO, based in Kiboga. It is an umbrella organization supported by ChildFund International to support six (6) communities (Masodde, Butemba, Kiyuni, Wakiso, Gayaza and Kinabwe) located in the districts of Kyankwanzi, Wakiso and Luwero. Our mission is “to create a conducive environment that supports the optimum development of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children.”
Job Summary: The Finance & Administration Assistant will offer support to the Finance and Administration Officer (FAO) in the implementation of internal controls at various levels of financial transactions flow in the overall financial accounting process in accordance with the generally accepted accounting principles and CECE accounting and financial guidelines. The incumbent will be responsible for managing accounts and administrative duties of CECE. S/he will be responsible for office administration, procurement, payments, reporting, logistics, fleet management and ensuring compliance with the organization and donor requirements.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the front desk and ensure that all the office callers are well attended to
- Ensure that the office environment is clean, safe, attractive and conducive at all times.
- Ensure that routine maintenance is carried out on the office premises.
- Line Manage Drivers, Janitor, and other support staff as may be required
- Maintain an up-to-date Asset register and ensure that all assets are engraved properly and well maintained.
- Manage Staff Leave roster and ensure that all leave forms are appropriately approved and filled
- Follow all CECE policies, procedures, grant compliance and documentation requirements Preparing weekly petty cash reconciliation and cash counts as per CECE Policies and guidelines.
- In charge of capturing all cash and bank transactions for daily tracking and monitoring of cash movement and balances.
- Maintaining advance register for the office, tracking and making instant follow ups on outstanding staff advances in compliance with CECE advance policy.
- Support the FAO in preparing monthly Funds Request the and ensuring sufficient cash is available for the office
- Participate in annual budget preparation, Budget Variance Analysis and ensure that action points are implemented accordingly.
- Assist in picking of invoices and purchasing of approved office items.
- Oversee the procurement of office stationery, sundries and other office and program supplies
- Supervise the vendors providing meals for staff, meetings and conferences
- Ensure orderly and effective store management and prepare quarterly stock reconciliation reports.
- Manage the movement of Office facilities and assets, including motor vehicles
- Ensure that all office facilities and equipment are in good working state.
- Prepare monthly fuel consumption reports and management of vehicles and motorcycles
- Organize logistical support for office staff for field activities
Information Documentation and Storage:
- Design appropriate chart of files and ensure effective filing and information management for Administrative and Finance documents.
- Keep inventory of all regular service providers of the organization.
- Circulate reports and communications to respective destination as may be required.
- Keep record of all incoming and outgoing mails and remittances.
- Attend to any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisors from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Diploma or Degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field from a recognized University/Institution.
- Partial or full CPA /ACCA is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Finance, Accounts and Administration function in an NGO setting is preferred
- Proven ability in organizing and procurement, managing stores, front desk, and secretarial work.
- Proven experience in human relations is required.
- High level of stewardship, transparency and accountability
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel and other accounting software experience is a MUST
- Good knowledge of financial management and accounting.
- Excellent analytical skills including attention to details are essential.
- Previous experience working with non-governmental and community based organizations.
- The applicant must be highly reliable and independent, able to work with minimal supervision under pressure.
- Broad knowledge, understanding, appreciation and adherence to child protection issues/ policies
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications in confidence including a cover letter, copies of academic documents three (3) referees, with their day time contacts and emails to:
Community Efforts for Child Empowerment,
Plot 518, Kiganzi Road P.O. Box 51, Kiboga. Uganda
Applications should be Hand delivered and registered at the above address in Kiboga Town Council or at ChildFund National office on Plot 71/72, Namirembe Road –Kampala.
Deadline: Friday, 15th July 2016 by 2:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline