Job Title: Finance Manager
Organisation: Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Operations Manager
The Parliamentary Pension Scheme (PPS) was established by the Parliamentary Pensions Act 2007 as a Contributory Hybrid Cash Balance Retirement Benefit Plan for the Members of Parliament of Uganda and the staff of the Parliamentary Commission. The Scheme is managed by a Board of Trustees, constituted in accordance with the Act.
Job Summary: The Finance Manager will provide financial management, accounting and investment analysis services to the Pension Scheme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Establish and manage internal controls and accounting systems within a computerized environment.
- Prepare cash flow projections and manage cash flow to ensure prompt collection of revenue, maturities and settlement of creditors.
- Prepare financial plans and ensure effective budgetary control in line with overall goals of the Scheme.
- Provide leadership to staff and foster efficiency and ethical practices in the Scheme.
- Develop a framework for monitoring and evaluating investment performance and risk control.
- Carry out economic analysis and advice on necessary policy interventions.
- Establish cost reduction strategies to maintain optimal operating efficiency.
- Prepare periodical management and annual financial statements and facilitate their audit.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Master’s Degree in Financial Management or Accounting or Business Administration from a recognized university institution.
- An honours Bachelor’s Degree in Finance and Accounting, Commerce (accounting option) or Business Administration (accounting option) from a recognized university / institution,
- Membership to Professional Accounting organizations e.g. CPA, ACCA.
- The applicant should have at least nine (9) years’ work experience in the field of Finance or accounting, three of which should have been served at senior management level.
- Broad knowledge and understanding of the application of accounting principles and financial reporting.
- Skills in investment and economic analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge and practice of computerized accounting and financial modeling.
- Possess good supervisory and mentoring skills.
- Demonstrate proficiency in relevant IT skills.
- Age limit: 30 years and above
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications enclosed in envelopes clearly marked with the job title of the post applied for and addressed to the Secretary, Board of Trustees, Parliamentary Pension Scheme, P.O. Box 7178, Kampala. Hand delivered applications should be taken to Room No. G 10, Parliamentary Pension Scheme office, Plot (9-11), Development House, Parliamentary Avenue.
Deadline: 9th August 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline