Job Title: Executive Assistant
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonise and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Job Summary: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative support in running the Executive Directors office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides secretarial duties including attendance of management committee meetings to take minutes as may be required
- The incumbent will take dictation, transcribe and type correspondences, reports and other documents and present error free work
- Develops and maintains filing systems (including electronic filing) for all documents and correspondences in the ED’s office
- Drafts letters of a routine nature
- Keeps the ED’s official diary, plans and schedules meetings and travel, handles visitors, and attends to inquiries, including telephone and email
- Ensures that the ED’s office is tidy spotless clean
- The jobholder operates office machines such as the photo copier and other equipment
- Ensures safety and confidentiality of incoming and outgoing correspondence, documents and office records
- The incumbent manages records in accordance with the established security and records management procedures
- Ensures the office is adequately stocked with stationery and monitor utilization, and ensure effective maintenance of office equipment and facilities
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Executive Director
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) Executive Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree with Honors in Business Administration or Office Management or Hospitality or any other related field from a recognized institution
- A minimum of three years related experience in a reputable organization
- High level of integrity and professionalism
- High level of organizational skills
- Excellent writing and reporting skills
- Computer literacy skills
- High level of personal initiative and ability to work independently
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications, curriculum vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates/ testimonials to the National Director, Profiles International Uganda Limited (PIUL), Plot 26B Tufnell Drive, Kamwokya, Kampala, P.O. Box 3024, Kampala or hand deliver the application at its offices indicated above from 8.00am to 5.00pm, Monday to Friday. Please indicate a daytime telephone contact and names and contact details of three professional referees. Also, in your application letter and on the cover of the envelope, clearly indicate which position you are applying for.
Deadline: 3rd August, 2016
NB: If you do not hear from NIRA within two months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing or lobbying will lead to disqualification.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline