Job Title: Engineering Supervisor
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Regional Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Engineering Supervisor will provide quality assurance for infrastructure works and its components
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the construction of all infrastructure works and ensure works are carried out as per set standards specified in the Infrastructure Manual.
- Prepare bills of quantities for construction works.
- Prepare budget estimates for infrastructure related activities.
- Prepare engineering drawings and designs.
- Keenly monitor quality and quantity of materials used in the field.
- Carry out technical assessments as and when required.
- Prepare monthly work plans and reporting on actual work achieved against work plan.
- In charge of technical report preparation and to maintain an update on all infrastructure works in the Acholi Sub – Region.
- Mentor and supervise Engineering Assistant(s), masons and ensure that the workmanship is as per set standards.
- Staff supervision and capacity building
- Work closely with the District Engineering Departments for any technical advice.
- Be part of the budget preparation and monitoring for the activities
- Prepare weekly, monthly or quarterly reports as may be required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Engineering Supervisor job vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil engineering;
- A minimum of four years of relevant work experience in labor based constructions
- Being a strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and office;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse groups of people;
- Ability to travel and work in difficult conditions and under pressure;
- Show commitment to accountable practices.
- Knowledge of working in challenging environments.
- Demonstrated ability to manage large varied workloads and deal constructively with stress and periods with long hours.
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
- Proactive, stable and robust character and a good team player.
- Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations at all levels.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications including;
- A cover letter (1 page) in which you explain why you are interested in the position and how you meet the qualities and qualifications criteria and please indicate your salary expectations
- Updated and detailed (maximum 3 pages). The CV should include information about your qualifications, relevant training courses, work experience, and name and contact details of three relevant references.
The complete application package should be uploaded online, Click Here
Deadline: 27th July 2016 by 11:59 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline