Job Title: Driver/Logistician
Organization: Refugee Law Project (RLP)
Duty Station: Gulu, Uganda
Reports to: Human Resource and Administration
The Refugee Law Project (RLP) is an outreach project of the School of Law, Makerere University. Our Mission is to empower asylum seekers, refugees, deportees, IDPs and host communities to enjoy their human rights and lead dignified lives. Refugee Law Project’s work is currently structured in five thematic areas: Access to Justice; Conflict, Transitional Justice & Governance (CTJ&G), Gender & Sexuality; Mental Health & Psychosocial Wellbeing; and Media for Social Change.
Job Summary: The Driver/Logistician will ensure overall safety, maintenance of organisational vehicles while exhibiting utmost professional conduct in execution of official roles and responsibilities both implied and stipulated.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Direct Support: The Logistician/ Driver will work in liaison with the existent RLP guidelines, will support procuring, obtaining of necessary procurement documentation and execution of the various logistic related tasks as instructed by the responsible officer and also keep track and comply with assigned vehicle maintenance/repair schedule
- Monitoring and Record Keeping:
- The Logistician will monitoring mileage fuel consumption of the vehicle assigned and keeping track of the daily consumption to enable a final compilation of a weekly report on the fuel consumption;
- Keep an Updated Vehicle Log book at all times; exhibit reasonable care in handling the assigned vehicle in relation to other external factors like weather, traffic rules, road conditions and others and also keep the assigned vehicle in an as received basis, reporting any damages, need for repair and need for re-supplies
- Networking and Capacity Building: Perform any other logistical or driving tasks as may be assigned from time to time; uphold the RLP’s Code of Conduct at all times and will also constantly consult with other colleagues in similar job category on how best to execute and improve job performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Refugee Law Project (RLP) Driver/Logistician job placement should hold a Diploma or Certificate from any training institution and in any course
- Hold a Valid Driving permit and Certificate in driving
- Fluency in Luo and/or any language spoken in refugee communities will be an added advantage
How to Apply:
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, we encourage you to address motivation letter and updated CV to the Human Resources Manager via E-mail to email@example.com. Please indicate the position applied for in the subject line of the email. Copies of certificates should not be attached, but will be requested for from short-listed candidates only.
Deadline: Friday 29th July 2016 by 5.00pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline