Job Title: Cluster Coordinator
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Reports to: Head Outreach
Duty Station: Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Cluster Coordinator will build a sustainable and collaborative partnership with other Channels, particularly IPC, to facilitate effective implementation of the Outreach programme. The incumbent will work in close liaison with the Research, Monitoring and Evaluation (RME) team to ensure evidence-based programming and enable the adjustments of the activities depending on the RME findings. The Cluster Coordinator will be required to liaise with IPC to ensure the communication approaches are effective in mobilizing and reaching the targeted clients. He/She should be able to facilitate the delivery of comprehensive family planning services, especially long acting & permanent methods, through the Outreach teams across the country, ensuring that all the activities relating to this channel are well managed in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures, donor compliance regulations, deadlines, contractual targets and budgets. The key deliverable will be to ensure that all Outreach teams are fully functional (according to MSI Medical Development Team guidelines), well supervised, monitored, have proper documentation and are donor compliant.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a University Degree in Medicine. or Health Science or similar;
- Broad knowledge and ability to provide clinical services, family planning and community outreach an added advantage
- Significant experience managing community/ Districts-level projects with at least 3 years of middle-level experience in management.
- Previous experience working in health service provision especially family planning, maternal child health or community Health areas.
- Ability to work well with others in team environments; must be able to satisfy stakeholders; should be able to work in deadline-driven results-oriented environment.
- Able to think strategically.
- Strong people management skills.
- Good planning skills
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organizational change.
- Advocacy skills; able to influence stakeholders through effective communication in a demanding external environment.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Cross-functional team player
- Fluent English, Knowledge of eastern Uganda region languages is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: 15th July 2016 by 2:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline