Job Title: Agronomist
Organisation: ASTARC Agriculture
Duty Station: Amuru (Gulu), Uganda
ASTARC Group is a diversified group with businesses focused on Infrastructure, Automobile & Electronic Solutions, Angel fund, Dairy & Agriculture, Retail Display Solutions, Automobile and Ports.
Job Summary: The Agronomist will organise and managing the farm with all agronomic principles, planning and implementing the cropping pattern suitable to area, budgeting the requirements of inventory of farm, managing and predication of yield estimates. The incumbent will also be responsible for production activities on a large area and should be familiar with farm mechanisation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Post graduate in Agronomy
- At least ten years’ work experience as an agronomist.
- Previous experience preferably in the African continent will be additional advantage.
- Familiarity with the cultivation of various food crops
- Good knowledge about increasing the agronomic efficiency on farm.
- Well experienced with modern approaches of cultivation practices, nutrition requirements, use of all types of agrochemicals, Irrigation technologies , harvesting and post harvest technologies.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send detailed CVs, academic documents and cover letters with three professional referees and day time contacts via email to HRM, email@example.com. Please indicate the position title in the E-mail subject line or on envelope. E-mails must not exceed 5 MB.
You may also hand deliver to Plot 77, 1st Street Industrial Area or Opposite Uganda Management Institute.
Deadline: 6th August 2016 by 5 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline