Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Organization: Ministry of Water and Environment
Project Name: Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation (FIEFOC) Programme (Project 2).
Funding Source: African Development Bank (AfDB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: National Project Coordinator
The Government of Uganda (GoU) has applied for a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) to finance the Farm Income Enhancement and Forestry Conservation (FIEFOC) Programme (Project 2). The project specific objective is to improve household incomes, food security, and climate resilience through sustainable natural resources management and agricultural enterprise development. The project consists of four components namely: (i) Agriculture Infrastructure Development; (ii) Agribusiness Development; (iii) Integrated Natural Resources Management; and (iv) Project Management.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will cultivate an organizational culture, which is attentive to the need for rigor in generating data; actively using high quality data to inform and assess the progress and results of activities implemented under the project. The jobholder will also lead and support development of project results framework, M&E plan and project annual work plans.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and maintain a monitoring and evaluation system that incorporates the effective monitoring of inputs, outputs, effects and impacts;
- Develop formats for collection of periodic/seasonal data regarding field activities, baseline and periodic surveys, and impact assessment and ensure harmonization of data collection methodologies;
- Collect, compile and analyze the data, in a timely manner, regarding different sub-components/activities against envisaged project objectives;
- The incumbent will document performance of the project against targets with special responsibility to qualitative and quantitative indicators and ensure reporting requirements are met;
- Offer technical assistance for modification of project implementation plans for components on the basis of the information collected from the field on different aspects;
- Establish a framework for involving beneficiary communities in the M&E process and internalizing beneficiary feedback in project implementation path;
- Provide guidance and training on M&E concepts and tools to project stakeholders
- Lead surveys/information collection for impact assessment of project activities;
- Supervise M&E staff for inspection of field activities for ensuring adoption of specified standards for monitoring;
- Work in liaison with Component Coordinators analyze and document project results and impact, compile all reports to ADB/NDF, GoU and other different stakeholders;
- Offer technical support to the capacity building meetings and workshops.
- Prepare periodic progress reports; and perform other duties as assigned from time to time by the National Project Coordinator;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for this vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics or relevant field from a recognized university;
- Possession of a Master’s degree in monitoring and evaluation.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in designing and/or implementing data collection and data management systems; and knowledge of Logical Framework and other strategic planning approaches.
- Proven work experience with development projects where statistical analysis skills, impact evaluation, performance evaluations and M&E training have been applied;
- Previous experience in working with Government and Local Government M&E systems;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and creative thinking personality;
- Prior and proven experience successfully implementing African Development Bank/Nordic Development Fund/ World Bank funded programs is an added advantage;
- Strong managerial and leadership skills and excellent computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Office - Applications such as Excel, Power Point, and Access);
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications accompanied with recent CV detailing work experience, present position, current remuneration, professional and educational qualifications. Applicants must also include contact details (telephone and email) of three (3) referees.
The Permanent Secretary,
Ministry of Water and Environment,
Old Portbell Road, Luzira.
Attn: Head Human Resources Management
Deadline: 5th August, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline