Job Title: Pharmacy Technician (3 Job Positions)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Gulu (1), Jinja (1) and Tororo (1), Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/5
REF: TS/HR/PM-CD 10
Reports to: Lead Pharmacy Technician
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Pharmacy Technician will ensure that the service provision complies to set pharmaceutical procedures, regulations and standards
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in planning and budgeting for the medical department
- Dispense prescribed drugs to TASO clients and staff
- Counsel clients and staff on drug indications/contraindications, dosage, drug interactions, and side effects.
- Provide appropriate pharmaceutical information to TASO clients and staff.
- Manage the acquisition and disbursement of drugs and medications from the pharmacy.
- Provide technical guidance and training to Dispensers and other staff involved in giving out drugs
- Collect and document information on adverse drug reactions
- Appraise and technically support subordinates
- Establish and maintain good methods and manner of storage and recordkeeping systems to provide for safekeeping of pharmaceuticals.
- Follow established TASO policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Prepare and submit periodic reports on the pharmaceutical services of the Centre
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Pharmacy Technician must hold a Diploma in Pharmacy Technology
- At least three years in a busy drug dispensing environment
- Knowledge of drugs and their indications, contraindications, dosing, side effects, and proper administration.
- Knowledge of patient care charts and patient histories
- Knowledge of policies and regulations pertaining to the disbursement of pharmaceutical drugs.
- Computer knowledge
- Basic counselling skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High degree of integrity
- Emotional Control
- High degree of confidentiality
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
OR Apply Online -> Click Here
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.