Job Title: Senior Accountant (2 Job Positions)
Organisation: Lifelink Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Finance Manager
Lifelink Hospital is a 24-hour private medical establishment founded with a goal of bringing superior but affordable medical services closer to the people. It is located in Kyaliwajjala – Namugongo, Lifelink Hospital Namugongo, with a Medical Centre in Ntinda trading centre. Our main mission is to provide quality, specialized and timely health care services in a conducive environment.
Job Summary: The Senior Accountant will be responsible for reporting income, expenditure and productivity for the company. The incumbent will be responsible for summarization of financial information for purposes of financial reporting and audit purposes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the General Ledger and transferring subsidiary ledger accounts to the General Ledger
- Preparing the Trial Balance and ensuring that all entries are reconciled
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolve discrepancies
- Actively participate in the preparation of the Balance sheet/ Statement of Financial Position, Income statement and supporting schedule
- Facilitate and complete monthly close procedures
- Analyze revenues/sales and expenses to ensure they are recorded appropriately o monthly basis
- Performing Variance analysis and preparing account reconciliation
- Manage the preparation and review of bank reconciliation
- Keenly analyze financial statements on a monthly basis and report on variances
- Assist with Financial and Tax Audits
- Assist in documentation and monitoring of internal controls
- Enforce and monitor compliance with company-wide accounting policies and procedures
- Participate in budgeting and budgetary control
- Review journal entries of Junior Accountants to ensure accuracy
- Training and mentoring of junior staff
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidates for the Senior Accountant job placements should hold degrees in relevant field and Partial completion of any accounting professional qualification. OR Full completion a professional Accounting qualification.
- Previous experience in application of Accounting Standards in Financial Report.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a busy accounting setup, two of which at decision-making level.
- Previous experience in use of any accounting software, including Tally is an added advantage. Mature individual with proven track record of supervising staff.
- Good knowledge of Excel.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to hand deliver thheir applications at any of our locations in Namugongo and Ntinda.
Deadline: Monday 4th July 2016 by 5pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline