Job Title: Compliance Officer (2 Job Placements)
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Regulatory and Compliance Manager
Eskom Uganda Limited is a subsidiary company of Eskom Enterprises based in South Africa. Our business is operating and maintaining Nalubaale and Kiira hydroelectric Power Stations. Their mission is to be the “Centre of Excellence in Power Concession Management.”
Job Summary: The Compliance Officer will regularly review, evaluate and contribute to the improved effectiveness of technical operations, internal controls, risk management, systems of the plant operations in line with the relevant regulatory/statutory standards and governance processes.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to ensure compliance to internal controls
- Offer support in the coordination of external audits, surveys and reviews
- Access and reviewing contracts that govern the company business
- Developing and implementing compliance test programs and checklists
- Conduct compliance tests, issue and discuss results of tests with responsible managers and staff.
- Follow-up on non-compliances to ensure corrective action is taken
- The incumbent will evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of operations and promoting continuous improvement.
- Draw budgets in line with functional needs for consolidation by the Regulatory and Compliance Manager.
- Review processes to ascertain extent to which results are consistent with goals and objectives and are performed as intended.
- In charge of monitoring Plant Health with an emphasis on measuring systems in place with adequacy and relevancy of measurement parameters.
- Test any proposed modifications to establish its compliance to technical standards before final commissioning.
- Establish and maintain dialogue with managers and or regulators as assigned to ensure good relations with relevant regulatory bodies.
- Evaluate and review commissioning reports of installations and repairs to ensure adherence to the relevant engineering standards.
- Report on variances on a monthly basis and compile required reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Commerce or Business Administration majoring in Accounting, Auditing, Law or any other related field
- At least three years of experience in audit and compliance in a similar or related industrial setting.
- Proven track record of success in compliance and audit
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested are encouraged to send their application letters, copies of academic certificates and updated CVs including three professional referees to;
The Human Resources Manager,
Eskom Uganda Limited (EUL),
Nalubaale Power Station,
P.O. Box 942, Jinja, Uganda
E-mail to: email@example.com
Deadline: 25th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline