Job Title: Clinical Officer (13 Job Positions)
Organisation: The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda)
Duty Station: Entebbe (1), Jinja (1), Mbarara (2), Masaka (3), Mbale (2), Masindi (2), Gulu (1) and Rukungiri (1), Uganda
VA No.: TASO-2016-HR/5
REF: TS/HR/PM 13
Reports to: Medical Coordinator
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda) is an organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of Life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease.
Job Summary: The Clinical Officer will provide medical care and health education to TASO clients and staff
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide clinical services that meet national, international and TASO standards received by clients and staff
- Administer drugs and other medical supplies appropriately to clients and staff
- Adhere to set standards and procedures to offer clinical services
- Manage and support ART facility / community activities
- Provide necessary information to clients and staff
- Provide information during the Planning and budgeting period
- Conduct and attend CMEs
- Follow SOPs and guidelines
- Updating registers, TB, ART, FP, EMTCT etc.
- Monitoring of TB patients at the centre and communities.
- Adhere to Standard operating procedures.
- Carry out hospital visits
- Promote QI project in the department
- Follow standards and guidelines for ART delivery and support in the community
- Organize/mobilization of community members
- Monitor and document adverse reaction
- Review sessions clinically
- Carry out phlebotomy sample for CD4 chemistry
- Conduct case conferencing
- Conduct health talks to clients
- HCT pre-test and post-test, HBHCT,
- Carry out home care.
- Follow up of key populations to start on ART
- Manager STIs in key populations
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Clinical Officer’s Diploma,
- Registered with Allied Health Professional Council
- One year of related experience
- Knowledge and skills on current guidelines
- Knowledge and skills in medical supplies stock management
- Skilled in drugs contra indications
- Drugs and medical administration
- Knowledge in supporting community activities
- ART guidelines
- ART administration
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are invited to send an application letter, resume, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and three referees.
All interested Candidates MUST attach a fully filled Application Form, download here, or pick it from any TASO Centre and register in the applications book.
Note: Please firmly staple your papers together only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Please forward your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration,
P.O. Box 10443,
OR Hand deliver your application to TASO HQ level II, located at Old Mulago Hospital
OR Apply Online -> Click Here
Deadline: 22nd July, 2016.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline