Job Title: Project Facilitator (10 Career Jobs)
Organisation: Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Swisscontact)
Duty Station: Wakiso, Jinja, Masaka, Masindi, Hoima, Kibaale, Kiboga, Nakaseke, Luwero, Bundibugyo, Uganda
Reports to: General Manager
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation (Swisscontact) is the business-oriented independent foundation for international development cooperation and it is represented in 32 countries with over 900 employees. Swisscontact was founded in 1959 and it promotes economic, social and environmental development. In Uganda, Swisscontact is implementing a skills development project in 10 districts of Masindi, Hoima, Kiboga, Kibaale wakiso, Jinja, Nakaseke, Luwero, Masaka and Bundibugyo. Through occupational skills training, social and life skills support and access to finance, employment opportunities are created, leading to an income enhancement for urban and rural young women and men aged 18-25 years. The intervention aims at facilitating the acquisition of employable skills to young people.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will prepare costed monthly activity/work plans for activities to be implemented in the District.
- Mobilize stakeholders and project beneficiaries for meetings, workshops and other project activities in the target district and sub counties.
- Support the identification of opportunities for gainful activities for the project beneficiaries and the target communities.
- The jobholder will organize, manage, coordinate and facilitate trainings in the required Skills/Opportunities among the target beneficiaries.
- Identify and assess the resource persons/Training Providers, Business companies in the location.
- Establish contacts with potential regional enterprises interested in providing business opportunities for target beneficiaries.
- Facilitate, guide and counsel the target beneficiaries on needs and expectations within the scope of the project.
- Keenly analyze the social economic and political situations within the communities and advise the Coordinators and Project Manager.
- The jobholder will represent Swisscontact at every fora in the District.
- Monitoring, follow up and Evaluation
- Conduct routine monitoring, follow up and back stopping of all activities within the district.
- Organize, manage and analyze all monitoring data captured from the target beneficiaries and communities.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Project Facilitator vacancy should hold a Bachelor’s degree or similar qualification in Business, Economics or Development Studies;
- A minimum of three years’ experience in implementing and facilitating project developments with three years spent on the field on skills development projects;
- At least three years’ experience working with community development team;
- Previous exposure and experience in non-formal skills development with focus on youth and non- formal skills
- Previous experience writing reports
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications mentioning the District they are interested in and updated CVs via e-mail addressed to:
Country Director Swisscontact Uganda,
Swiss Foundation for Technical Cooperation,
P.O. Box 21153, Kampala. Uganda Plot 19/20 Off Martyr’s Way Ntinda,
E-mail to: email@example.com
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline