Job Title: Procurement Officer
Organization: Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Project Name: Uganda Skills Development Facility (USDF)
Funding Source: World Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Project Manager SDF and Procurement Specialist, CEDP
About World Bank USDF:
The Government of Uganda has received credit from the World Bank towards Implementation of the Uganda Competitive Fund for employer-led short term training (Uganda Skills Development Facility -USDF). The Uganda competitive fund for employer-led short-term training is part of the Skilling Uganda Project addressing prevailing skills imbalances and shortages in Uganda. An important element of the initiative is to facilitate collaboration between training providers and industry to promote demand driven skills development with special attention to innovative modes of training. The Fund is an IDA-funded project expected to be managed by the Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU). The grant component of USDF aims at;
- Component 1: Supporting training activities that lead to improved productivity and competitiveness in the formal and informal sectors, hereby creating new income opportunities
- Component 2: Providing funding primarily for the improvement of the quality and relevance of existing skills systems
- Component 3: Prioritising innovative new approaches to skills development with special attention to micro and small enterprises.
Job Summary: The Procurement Officer will offer support in the timely implementation of the procurement process in accordance to the procurement plan which will guarantee timely acquisition of goods, works and services essential for project implementation and operations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and Deputize the Procurement Specialist in the Coordination Function for all the procurement activities under the SDF Project.
- Ensure that the procurement and selection of Consultants guidelines of World Bank are observed and adhered to at all stage of procurement process.
- The incumbent will manage issue, receipt and opening of bids, expressions of interest and proposals from potential service providers, contractors and suppliers.
- Actively participate in the Evaluation exercises (Expression of Interest, Quotations, bids and Proposals) and ensuring adherence to procedures and guidelines.
- Offer support to implementing agencies to compile procurement requirements and maintain a procurement register
- Verify and make available documentation relating to procurement and disposal activities of the project for easy use by all interested parties
- In charge of the development, preparation and update of the Procurement and Disposal Plan of the project beneficiary agencies, and monitor their implementation in close liaison with Procurement Specialist
- Offer timely technical advice on procurement to the project stakeholders.
- Prepare timely submissions for consideration/approval by the Contracts Committee
- Provide procurement documentation necessary for effecting payment to service providers to the finance function of the project.
- Support the contract management through monitoring orders of supplies, goods and works, progress and delivery schedules and pointing out any shortcomings( in delivery, cost, quality and contract administration) to the Procurement Specialist
- Prepare the procurement progress reports, procurement monthly reports and procurement quarterly reports
- Update and maintain complete procurement files and records including all correspondence related to procurement activities and ensure that the records are safeguarded and properly kept for future reference.
- Organize pre-bid or pre-proposal meetings and negotiation meetings.
- Actively participate in the preparation of the draft contract agreements for Contracts Committee and clearance of the Solicitor General.
- Keenly verify that Procurement requests are in accordance to the approved Procurement Plan.
- In charge of the preparation of general and specific procurement notices/ invitation for bids
- Work closely with Beneficiary Agencies to ensure that Terms of Reference or technical specifications are obtained timely from relevant Beneficiaries.
- Participate in the preparation of bidding documents, request for proposals, consultant’s shortlists and other documents based on relevant procedures for the procurement of goods, Works and on consultant services and for the selection of consulting services, And facilitate the Post Procurement Reviews (PPR) exercise, and follow up implementation of PPR recommendations
- Prepare and update the Contract Register and ensure completeness of the procurement files and maintain the Contracts Register
- Report immediately to the Project Manager SDF or ED PSFU any noted fraud and corruption or governance issues with Procurement staff, Bidders and Consultants.
- Perform any other lawful duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Well monitored Annual Procurement Plans and monthly updates in place
- Well maintained Procurement and Contract Register
- Monthly procurement reports on performance of the SDF
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Bank SDF Project Procurement Officer vacancy should hold an honours’ University degree in Procurement, Business Administration, Economics, Civil Engineering or other related courses. Possession of a postgraduate qualification training/diploma in Procurement and supply chain management or Procurement and logistics management will be an added advantage.
- At least ten (10) years of experience in procuring goods services and works in a public or private sector institution.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in implementing procurement procedures of the World Bank or other Multilateral Development Bank.
- Proven experience in implementing procurement of high value contracts in civil works, supply of goods and consultancy services and procurement planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources and in executing duties as demonstrated by the letters from the referees
- Working knowledge of the PPDA procurement rules and procedures.
- Excellent interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams in the
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Fluent in English.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to deliver their application letters, updated curriculum vita and photocopies of academic and professional certificates to the address below. Please clearly indicate the position being applied for on top of the envelope.
The Executive Director,
Private Sector Foundation Uganda (PSFU)
Plot 43, Nakasero Road,
P. O. Box 7683, Kampala- Uganda.
Deadline: 20th June 2016 by 5:00PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline