Organisation: FHI 360
Duty Station: Mbale, Uganda
About FHI 360:
FHI 360 is an international non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
About USAID Project:
FHI 360 is anticipating to implement a USAID-funded integrated health services project in Eastern Uganda. The project will work to increase utilization of HIV / AIDS, MNCH, nutrition and TB services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take charge of the design and implementation of the project’s monitoring and evaluation activities, including: development of the project’s Performance Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning (MERL).
- Plan development and monitoring of project indicators; implementation of baseline, midterm and end line studies; oversight of data collection and analysis; synthesis of data and study outcome reports; quality assurance and auditing of data
- Manage the design and implementation of the project’s research activities, including operations research, performance evaluations, impact evaluations and/or rapid/special studies. Lead efforts to identify key research questions and develop studies that test innovative strategies for addressing improving the quality and uptake of key services by targeted populations
- Lead a robust learning agenda, designing and implementing mechanisms for continuous learning, collaboration, and adaptation for project staff, partners, donors, host country government counterparts and other stakeholders
- Manage the dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to local, national and regional-level intergovernmental bodies, donors, partners and other stakeholders. Promote forums which facilitate collaboration, learning and action as a result of this information among these actors
- Keenly monitor and maintain relevant protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports
- Ensure that data from the project is fed into national health management information systems and promote its use among stakeholders for learning and policy development and programming
- Build capacity of staff, implementing partners, government counterparts, and other stakeholders in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection and management, and research and learning methods
- Ensure research implementation adheres to FHI 360 and international policies and standards and remains technically and ethically sound. Usher research protocols through FHI 360 Internal Review Board and national external review processes
- Oversee a team of MERL staff for the project and ensure clear roles and responsibilities and lines of communication are maintained amongst the team members
- Actively contribute to work plans, quarterly and annual reports, financial reports, and other reports and papers summarizing project results and evidence.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning Manager job placement must hold a Master’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Economics, Education, Environment, Health, Human Development, Information Science, International Development, Social Sciences or Related Field.
- At least five to eight years of relevant experience in management of large projects and/or programs.
- Proven ability to manage projects, set realistic priorities, and plan for the successful implementation of activities.
- Relevant computer software skills (including, at a minimum, the standard applications in MS Office).
- Previous experience in specialized technical/medical field of study.
- Proficient writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, write and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join FHI 360’s USAID-funded project in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to Apply Online by visiting Link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline