Job Title: Roving Compliance Manager
Organisation: Lutheran World Relief (LWR)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: DWS Global Finance Coordinator
Lutheran World Relief is a US non-profit organization that works with local partners to provide lasting solutions to poverty, injustice and human suffering. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda currently has five areas of operation in Pader, Kitgum, Adjumani, Katakwi, Sembabule, Kampala and Kamwenge Districts.
Job Summary: The Roving Compliance Manager will work closely with Finance Unit, Global Funding Unit and Programs Unit to ensure that World Service maintains a high standard of compliance in its operational systems. A major focus will be to ensure compliance to WS’s regulations on financial management, procurement policy and Donor contracts. The purpose of this role is to ensure that Country Programs comply with LWF standards and donor obligations, with particular focus on funding contracts and reporting to EU, ECHO, BPRM and UNHCR. This position will provide support to the Finance, Funding and Quality/Accountability functions in LWF.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that LWF complies with the conditions spelt out in the donor agreements, with particular focus on contracts with ECHO, Europe aid, BPRM and UNHCR.
- Work alongside the Global Funding Unit to prepare new donor applications, the budgeting process and to review the donor contracts.
- Ensure that all countries programs comply to the WS Finance manual, Procurement manual and to the donor conditions as the least minimum.
- Assist the Finance and Global Funding units to monitor and comply with the funding conditionalities agreed with donors (Procurement, contracts quality compliance checks, donor reporting schedule).
- Guide the Global Finance Coordinator (GFC) and GFU Coordinator on the status of compliance to donor contracts, drawing attention to shortfalls, risks, inconsistencies and related issues that require actions.
- Work alongside the Global Funding Unit to prepare financial reports to donors with particular focus on ECHO and BPRM reports.
- Ensure that country programs properly prepare, control their donor contracts, procurement management and that they fulfil their contractual obligations on reporting to donors;
Financial Management Support:
- Available to provide support to Country Programs on financial management. The support may be provided remotely or by visiting the country program on a short or extended stay.
- Regularly review donor reports while visiting country programs and highlight key areas of concern
- Occasionally provide support to weaker (ICU) country programs on financial reporting and to sit-in as the finance manager as/when required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should relevant qualifications and experience to perform the duties mentioned above
- Excellent spoken and written English skills required, French skills desirable.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application with cover letter, CV and minimum three reference contacts to: LWF_HROffice@lutheranworld.org with the subject line: “15/16 Roving Compliance Manager.”
Deadline: 5th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline