Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Procurement)
Organization: UN World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Procurement Officer
Position Grade: SC4
Reference Number: 16-0021584
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Business Support Assistant (Procurement) will support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Kampala office in the Food and Non-Food procurement sections of the unit
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations;
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed;
- Keenly review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services;
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables, and performing follow up actions to ensure supplies reach the operational areas;
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders;
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organized, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Work closely with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Business Support Assistant (Procurement) vacancy should hold a University degree or a Diploma with several years of experience, or its equivalent in Procurement, Finance, Economics or Business Studies, attained from a recognized institution;
- A minimum of four years of relevant working experience in Procurement and supply chain, gained from reputable organizations;
- Good reporting and writing skills coupled with record management skills
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Computer literacy i.e. working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 7th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline