Job Title: Procurement Associate
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Position Grade: G6
Reference Number: 16-0021583
The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas namely: Emergency Humanitarian Action (EHA); Food & Nutrition Security (FNS); and Agriculture & Market Support (AMS). WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
Job Summary: The Procurement Associate will support the UN World Food Programme (WFP) Kampala office in the coordination of non-food procurement activities by ensuring that appropriate items are available to WFP in support of its porgrammes (operations) in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide operational coordination and administrative services, to support procurement projects and activities, following standard processes and contributing to the effective procurement of goods and services;
- Identify and recommend potential suppliers, and compile data/documents to support the selection of suppliers, ensuring standard processes are followed;
- Regularly review, record and prioritize purchasing requests, and provide support to requisitions, in order to support the procurement of appropriate goods and services, at lowest cost to WFP;
- Actively contribute to negotiations with new suppliers on terms and conditions of orders, alongside a senior officer, in order to obtain the best terms and lowest costs for WFP;
- Prepare Purchase Orders, contracts and any supporting documentation for approval by the appropriate stakeholder, and approve purchases within delegated authority, to enable the swift purchase of goods and services;
- Resolve issues related to delivered goods, using initiative, liaising with all parties and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of problems;
- The incumbent will research, collect and analyse data in order to produce reports to enable informed decision-making by Procurement Officers, and consistency of information presented to stakeholders;
- Manage updates and further develop databases and records, to ensure information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements;
- Build and maintain relationships with internal counterparts, to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs;
- Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines;
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis;
- Perform any other related duties as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the United Nations UN World Food Programme (WFP) Procurement Associate job vacancy should hold a University degree, or its equivalent in Procurement, Supply chain management, Logistics, Finance, Economics or Business Studies, attained from a recognized institution;
- Certification in Procurement professional courses an added advantage;
- A minimum of six (6) years of relevant working experience in a Procurement, Logistical, Financial or Administrative, gained from reputable organizations;
- Prior experience in tendering, contracting and vendor management;
- Good reporting and writing skills coupled with record management skills,
- Proficiency in both oral and written English is essential;
- Good working knowledge and experience using MS Office applications.
How to Apply:
All candidates who desire to join the United Nations World Food Programme to submit their applications online, Click Here
Step 1: Register and create your online CV
Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
NB: You must complete Step 1 and 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Deadline: 7th July 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline