Job Title: Tax Compliance Accountant
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda's most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel in Uganda is a great success story in Uganda. Our customer base has grown tremendously - so has our coverage - and our service quality is unsurpassed in the market.
Job Summary: The Tax Compliance Accountant will be responsible for ensuring compliance with Airtel statutory requirement of deducting and remitting all direct and indirect taxes and attending to the Uganda Revenue Authority on issues
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare VAT, WHT and Excise duty returns for compliance
- Attend and co-ordinate post audit reconciliation meeting by the tax authorities
- Build and maintain documentation for tax purposes
- Regularly attend to internal and external auditors’ queries and request
- Preparation of tax status and other reports as requested by the group
- In charge of the preparation of all documents required and attendance to queries raised by the External Auditors for quarterly and annual statutory audit
- Keenly review payments to local suppliers to ensure appropriateness of tax invoices for tax purposes and verify withholding tax applicable
- Maintain quality and supportive relationship with tax authorities and a healthy relationship with tax consultants
- Keenly reviews periodic tax dashboard showing the status of various tax issues and takes action to resolve pending issues.
- Ensures all data meant to be sent to ACE teams is timely submitted
- Ensures that any issues raised during the quarterly, annual and internal audits are closed in a timely manner
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree of commerce or Business or Law. A professional accounting qualification (such as CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CFA) or near qualification (i.e. final stages)
- A minimum of four years’ experience in Telecom and in a tax accounting role.
- The ideal candidate must have worked in a Tax Accounting environment, with tax experience and must be familiar with preparation and submission of statutory tax returns.
- Excellent analytical skills, reporting writing, research and good computer skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Knowledge of English and/or French
How to Apply:
If you want to work for Airtel in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline