Job Title: Credit Officer (Several Jobs)
Organisation: Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Supervisor
Habitat for Humanity International is a non-profit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry. The purpose and goal of Habitat for Humanity International is to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world, and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Habitat invites people of all backgrounds, races and religions to build houses in partnership with families in need. Habitat for Humanity has an Administrative Headquarters based in Atlanta, an Operational Headquarters based in Americus, Georgia, and Area Office bases of operations in Manilla, Philippines for our Asia and Pacific work, San Jose, Costa Rica for our Latin American and Caribbean work and Bratislava, Slovakia for our Europe, the Middle East and Africa work.
Job Summary: The Credit Officer will be tasked with guiding, coordinating and carrying out credit and related activities in the branch.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- In charge of arranging and organizing awareness seminars on services and products offered by Habitat for Humanity Uganda.
- Carrying out training programmes using prescribed modules of interest to the clients.
- Assisting credit applicants or borrowers during the application process.
- Working closely with local leaders in the respective localities with a view to identify, assess, appraise and approve loan applicants.
- Assessing the creditworthiness of potential borrowers and advising management accordingly.
- Participate in the credit committee meetings at the branch.
- Follow-up loan applications referred to the National Office for Approval.
- Timely disbursement of credit facilities.
- Supervise loan beneficiary projects during the loan term to ensure proper use.
- Ensuring timely recovery of loan installments and interest thereof from borrowers.
- Supporting the Branch Supervisor in determining bad debts, if any, and the compilation of returns thereof to the National Office.
- Ensuring proper handling of organizational assets (Funds, Computers, Motor-cycles, and Cameras, etc) attached to the branch to facilitate credit operations.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of client documentation by maintaining an adequate filing system.
- Performing any other duties assigned to him/her by the Branch Supervisor
Key Result Areas:
- Maintaining an average loan portfolio of not less than 250 active clients.
- Maintain a repayment rate of not less than 95%.
- Maintain at a Portfolio at Risk (PAR) greater than 30 days past due of not more than 5%.
- Maintain a Loan Use Verification rate of at least not less than 95% per Quarter.
- Supervise and conduct training sessions for Potential and Active clients: Sensitization Meetings and Financial literacy trainings.
- Maintain a Quarterly Portfolio Growth (in terms of clients) of not less than 5%.
- Maintain an average outstanding loan portfolio of at least not less than UGX.250 Million.
- Disburse loans and monitor their performance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in the disciplines of economics, microfinance, business administration, or banking and finance.
- Specialized knowledge of and experience with microfinance delivery methodologies.
- At least three years’ experience for a non-governmental organization or a reputable Microfinance Institution preferred.
- Prior experience in some aspect of project cycle management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation tools and systems.
- Excellent Computer skills in Microsoft word, excel and point power
- Ability to work effectively independently or in a team environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills;
- Excellent inter-personal skills; demonstrating diplomacy and tact.
- High level of integrity combined with ability to make bold and timely decisions
- Highly pro-active and self-disciplined.
- Willingness to travel extensively
- Knowledge of the local languages.
- Ability to ride a motor cycle
- Willing to uphold Christian Principles at HFHU
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply by sending a cover letter, a detailed CV and copies of relevant academic credentials via email addressed to: The Human Resource Department.
Email to: email@example.com
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline