Job Title: Research Manager
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Infectious Diseases Institute (IDI) is an international non-profit organization which is a partnership of infectious diseases and public health specialists. The overall objective of the IDI is to strengthen health systems with strong emphasis on Infectious Diseases, through Research and Capacity Development. IDI has five operational areas through which it works to achieve its mission: Prevention, Care and Treatment; Training, Research and Laboratory services (provided through a partnership with the Makerere University - John Hopkins University Core Lab) and Outreach.
Job Summary: The Research Manager will oversee the research governance framework for the Research Department. The incumbent will be responsible for developing support systems for optimal implementation and compliance. In addition, he/she will provide business management and general administrative support and respond to/ act on inquiries and provide feedback to studies.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research Management: Support and Coordination of Research Projects
- Provide technical support to the Scientific Review Committee (SRC) at IDI
- Responsible for Financial/Business Management
- Provide general administration
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should have completed a degree in Science, but preference will be given to holders of Bachelor’s degrees in Health Science, should hold a Master’s degree in Public Health or related discipline
- A minimum of three years’ experience in a research setting.
- Previous experience with, and interest in, research policy.
- The incumbent must be a diverse individual, showing broad management, organizational and communication skills and be capable of working both independently and in a team environment.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application cover letters with a detailed CV, naming at least two professional referees to:
The Manager, Human Resources,
Infectious Diseases Institute,
P.O. Box 22418, Kampala, Uganda
E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Deadline: 13th June, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline