Job Title: Operations & Logistics Manager
Organisation: Uber Technologies Inc
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Uber Technologies Inc. is an American multinational online transportation network company headquartered in San Francisco, California. It develops, markets and operates the Uber mobile app, which allows consumers with smartphones to submit a trip request which is then routed to Uber drivers who use their own cars.
Job Summary: The Operations & Logistics Manager role is a unique opportunity to have a direct impact on your city through the growth and optimization of the driver population on Uber’s platform. This is a critical role as it directly correlates to continually improving the rider experience through greater driver availability, while minimizing costs and streamlining processes associated with the supply side of our business. This data-driven role calls for a rare combination of analytical thinking and interpersonal ability to manage relationships with a very valuable part of our business; our driver partners. This person will work with data to regularly monitor driver behavior and ensure efficiency through asset utilization, product improvement and supply-chain management. This role is ultimately responsible for making sure we have drivers on the road, where we need them, and when we need them, at all times.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analytics: Utilize driver data to understand driver behavior and areas for improvement in our driver communication, sign-up and incentive programs.
- Develop & Optimize Processes: Take big picture ideas and break them into actionable steps with aggressive timelines for completion.
- Product Improvement: Pro-actively search for bugs or new features which could improve a seamless driver and rider experience.
- Partner Relations: Manage driver relationships, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses for partner rewards.
- Driver Support: Manage the day-to-day issues of thousands of drivers on our system.
- Hustle: Take ownership of Uber's growth in their city and do whatever it takes to get the job done
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Uber Operations & Logistics Manager job placement should hold a Bachelor's degree in Economics, Finance, Statistics, Engineering or similar field.
- A minimum of three to six years of Strategy Consulting, Accounting, or Banking background with previous experience using data to drive business decisions.
- Excellent excel skills, SQL skills preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership of leading initiatives and projects at your organization.
- Startup (all-hands-on-deck) approach.
How to Apply:
If you want to work for the Uber in the aforementioned capacity should Apply Online by clicking on web link below.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline