Job Title: Stenographer Secretary
Organization: Uganda Law Reform Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Assistant Commissioner, Law Revision
The Uganda Law Reform Commission is established under Article 248(1) of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its primary mandate is to study and keep under constant review the Acts and all other laws comprising the laws of Uganda with a view to making recommendations for their systematic improvement, development, modernisation and reform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Stenographer Secretary will be typing and presenting accurate and error free work
- Receiving callers either in person or on telephone
- Ensure timely responses to inquiries and correspondences to and from the office
- Taking dictation and transcribing error free work
- In charge of drafting letters of routine nature
- Providing Office Managerial services which include:-
- Ensuring cleanliness and orderliness of the office;
- Managing records in accordance with established security and records management procedures;
- Requisitioning and managing office stationery and equipment
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned to him/her by his or her supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Stenographer Secretary job placement should be a Ugandan who holds an Ordinary level certificate with at least two (2) Credits including English Language and 3 passes, a UNEB Certificate or Diploma in Secretarial Studies or equivalent qualifications from a recognized Institution with the following subjects:- Business Communication Stage II, Typewriting Stage II (40 WPM), Shorthand Stage II (80/90wpm), Office Practice Stage II/Secretarial Duties II.
- Possession of qualifications and skills in the following subjects will be an added advantage:-
- Computer literacy skills i.e. proficiency in using several packages like spreadsheets, database management and Word processing package
- Principles of Accounts II
- Certificate in Customer Care
- Working knowledge of using various office machines like fax, photocopier and audio equipment.
- Age: 22 years and above
How to Apply:
All qualified Ugandans should send their applications with fully certified photocopies of their testimonials and an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV), recent passport size photographs filled in triplicate to:
The Commission Secretary,
Uganda Law Reform Commission,
8th floor, Workers’ House,
P.O. Box 12149, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 13th June 2016 by 5.00pm
NB: Serving Government officers are encouraged to route applications through their Supervisors and Heads of Department.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline