Job Title: Measurement & Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Reports to: Measurement & Evaluation Manager
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is a global organisation providing personalised contraception and safe post-abortion care services to women and girls. Our local teams of professionals are passionate about the work they do in communities across 37 countries. The services we provide give a woman the power to choose when she has children so that she is free pursue her plans and dreams for herself and her family.
Job Summary: The Measurement & Evaluation Officer will be tasked with ensuring the effective operation of MSI Uganda’s management information systems (MIS) for service provision, voucher management, quality assurance and operations. This includes the effective maintenance and roll-out of CLIC for outreach and the new MSI global MIS for social franchising. The incumbent will offer support MSI Uganda teams to effectively capture data that underpin performance management and accountability across the country programme.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Effective roll-out of CLIC for all outreach teams:
- Mentor and train Outreach Teams in CLIC functionality and reporting
- Respond to requests for CLIC technical support
- The incumbent will troubleshoot and proactively make adjustments to CLIC training and systems for optimum effectiveness in Ugandan environment
2. Systematic development of reports and trend analysis based on CLIC data:
- CLIC operational for all outreach teams
- CLIC data captured and reported monthly
- Quality of CLIC system operations
3. Effective roll-out and management of database for BlueStar and voucher
- Train Outreach Team in SF MIS functionality and reporting
- Regularly respond to requests for SF MIS technical support
- Troubleshoot and proactively make adjustments to SF MIS training and systems for optimum effectiveness in Ugandan environment
- Systematic development of reports and trend analysis based on SF MIS data
4. Technical support to the design and roll-out of voucher and referral tracking systems
- MIS for BlueStar and vouchers operational
- Data captured and reported monthly
- Quality of BlueStar and voucher MIS system operations
5. Effective maintenance of MSI Uganda database and MIS: Provide effective technical support of existing MIS (including the GIS system, MarieText and CLIC)
6. Effective technical support of MSI global evaluation tools (client exit interviews, IMPACT, M4QA)
- MIS cost efficiency and operational effectiveness
- Ensure 100% compliance with MSI global reporting standards
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should hold a Degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economic (or related discipline) is required
- Possession of a post graduate in Monitoring and evaluation is added advantage
- Significant experience in a busy environment or a reputable firm/organisation
- Experience in building and maintaining GIS and MIS networks
- Previous experience in electronic database development and management
- Proven ability to communicate effectively to non-technical teams about MIS and database systems
- Working knowledge of GIS and data management applications/platforms essential
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution.
- Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome.
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands.
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met.
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality.
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results.
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
The Measurement & Evaluation Officer is required to demonstrate MSI Uganda’s core values of;
- Accountability of all staff to each other and our clients and stakeholders
- Equality of opportunity and access
- Value for money in the management of our resources
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their electronic applications including a cover letter, updated CV and academic documents via E-mail to: email@example.com.
Deadline: 30th June 2016 by 5:00 pm
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline