Job Title: Manager Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
Organisation: Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Director Corporate Affairs
The Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority (PPDA) is established under the PPDA Act No.1 of 2003 to develop standards and regulate procurement and disposal practices in respect of all Procuring and Disposing Entities which include Central Government Ministries and Departments, Local Governments, State Enterprises, Constitutional and Statutory Bodies and post primary training institutions.
Job Summary: The Manager Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation will establish and maintain a robust and functional Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation System for PPDA
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take lead in the development of results based management and performance framework for the Authority.
- Coordinate the results based management planning and reporting and support the development and review of the work plans and strategic plan, and M & E framework in order to identify priorities for implementation, adjustment, and redesign.
- Provide technical oversight in developing strategic information sharing framework & generating reports for PPDA
- Manage the development of data collection and reporting for the authority activities and interventions
- Develop and manage the risk assessment framework and plan ensuring that areas of potential risk are identified and addressed- mitigating the risk to the Authority.
- Carry out and/or coordinate on-going monitoring and evaluation of PPDA activities to ensure efficiency, accountability and impact.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the PPDA Manager Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation job placement should hold a Master’s degree in any of the following fields: Statistics, Economics, Project Planning and Management or a related field. Possession of an Honours degree in Statistics, Economics, Project planning and management or related field.
- Post graduate qualification in Project Planning; or Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Credits in English and Math.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in planning, monitoring and evaluation in a reputable organisation with three years leading a team or unit in Planning, Monitoring, and Evaluation.
- Working experience with statistical packages (SPSS, STATA etc.) and data management programme, preferably Excel and Access.
- Good grasp of the Government planning and budgeting framework.
- Good monitoring and evaluation skills.
- Excellent communication and advocacy skills.
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong performance management skills.
- Proficiency in Information Technology.
- Result oriented skills.
- Leadership skills.
- Strategic thinking.
- Proven personal integrity.
- Good team management.
- Ability to multi task.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should send their envelopes clearly marked “Application for the Post of ………………..” with an application letter and detailed CV indicating three independent referees; copies of academic certificates and one (1) current Passport photograph should be submitted to:
The Executive Director,
Public Procurement and Disposal of Public Assets Authority,
Plot 37 Nakasero Road, 5th Floor. UEDCL Tower
P.O. Box 3925, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 1st July, 2016 by 5.00 p.m.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline