Job Title: IT Support Assistant
Organization: National Environment Management Authority (NEMA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior IT Officer
Job Ref: NEMA/ADV/EXT/08/2016
The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) was established under the National Environment Act Cap. 153 to promote and ensure sound environmental management practices for sustainable development in Uganda.
Job Summary: The IT Support Assistant will be tasked with ensuring that the computer systems, networks are working and up to date which aids the coordination of environmental information systems at NEMA.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent will develop a private policy for users who access information on the website in relation to other government standards;
- Also, the jobholder will implement appropriate security measures to safeguard data and restrict access;
- In charge of deploying laptops, PCs and associated peripherals including new installations and the redeployment of existing equipment;
- Provide technical management of NEMA website in relation to upgrade, update and web content management;
- Provide technical support to telephone and email requests for staff;
- Responsible for installing and configuring operating systems to agreed standards under the direction of the Senior IT Officer;
- Responsible for installing and configuring software to agreed standards under the direction of the Senior IT Officer;
- In charge of maintaining the existing computers and peripherals to standards determined by the Senior IT Officer, by performing upgrades, new installations and carrying out routine procedures;
- Assisting in the compilation and maintenance of an accurate inventory of hardware and software;
- Providing at all times professional, courteous and rapid response to staff;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor;
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the NEMA IT Support Assistant job placement should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following: Information Technology, Computer Engineering, Computer Science and Information Systems from a recognized University or Institution;
- A minimum of three years of professional experience in Information Technology and Information systems in a Public Institution or reputable Organization.
- Previous experience in web designing and updating;
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their hand written applications together with copies of certificates/ testimonials and detailed curriculum vitae indicating three professional referees addressed to:-
The Executive Director,
National Environment Management Authority (NEMA),
NEMA House, Plot 17/19/21 Jinja Road,
P.O. Box 22255, Kampala. Uganda
Deadline: 20th June, 2016
Note: The job title applied for should be printed at the top left hand side of the envelope. Applicants, who will not have heard from us by August 31, should consider their applications unsuccessful.
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline