Job Title: Head of Marketing and Business Development
Organization: Finance Trust Bank (FTB)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Finance Trust Bank is licensed as a Tier 1 Commercial Bank after taking over the financial services business of Uganda Finance Trust Limited (MDI). Finance Trust Bank is a fully-fledged commercial bank serving a clientele of over 350,000 depositors and over 28,000’ borrowers, through a network of 36 branches countrywide. The bank offers a variety of Products and services including; Savings, Current accounts, Loans, Money transfer services and Bills payments to its target market which comprises of micro, small and medium entrepreneurs, salary earners and youth.
Job Summary: The Head of Marketing and Business Development will take lead in planning, coordinating business development through product development, branding, market research, and marketing of the Banks products and services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, review and implement the Business Growth and Marketing strategy of the Bank in line with the Corporate Strategy.
- Prepare and monitor the departmental budget and annual activity plan.
- Keenly review and update the brand policy and monitor its implementation to ensure that it is compliant with the brand specifications and supports business growth.
- Review and update the product development policy and procedures and ensure its implementation through relevant methodology such as market intelligence, feasibility studies, etc.
- Develop and authorize presentations for all bank representations, marketing content for key promotional messages, such as the Finance Trust Bank website, media adverts and publications, newsletter, etc.
- Regularly review and update the research policy of the bank and ensure its effective implementation and relevance to the business and sales growth.
- Develop new products or enhancements/refinements on existing products, monitor product performance, and make recommendations on product features to ensure competitiveness of the product portfolio.
- Design new sales plans/programs within the targeted market segments, monitor and coordinate sales campaigns/ drives on existing and new products from the various market niches to ensure business growth.
- Mentor, coach, and monitor the performance for all staff in the department to ensure target realization, and appraise the performance of the BD manager and Marketing manager.
- Equip staff with sales skills by carrying out training on selling tips, participate in creating product awareness training to both staff and customers to drive business growth.
- Ensure an efficient customer relationship program with all stakeholders in the Private sector, Public sector and media fraternity.
- Represent the bank on key functions and make presentations to business prospects and key stakeholders.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Finance Trust Bank Head of Marketing and Business Development career opportunity should hold a bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Marketing or Business Administration. A post graduate degree/ diploma in a business related field will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications in CIMA.
- A minimum of four years’ experience at managerial level in a service industry.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Office packages and Internet Explorer.
- Leadership and management skills, such as sound judgment, organizational and planning qualities.
- Proven ability to develop the strategy and activity work plans for the department.
- Ability to conduct market research.
- Ability to plan and develop budgets and funding plans.
- Working knowledge of the economic and market trends, and be adaptable to changing trends
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good relationships with key industry players.
- Bring assignments to a conclusion and within set deadlines.
- Excellent self-presentation skills
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Possess self-drive and be a self-starter.
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly creative and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work independently as well as in team.
- Ability to conceptualize issues
- Work well under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to travel upcountry.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include; photocopies of academic testimonials, a CV with at least three reference contacts, including the most recent employer, and telephone number to; Head, Human Resource, Finance Trust Bank, Plot 115 & 121, Katwe, P. O. Box 6972, Kampala, Uganda.
Deadline: 8th June, 2016
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline