Job Title: Script Editor
Organization: Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU) is a non-governmental organization that implements Development Communication programs aimed at influencing positive behavior change for the social development of men, women and children in Uganda and the entire East African Region.
Job Summary: The Script Editor will take lead in the development of the 11-year old radio serial drama, Rock Point 256.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Steer the team of writers in the development of Rock Point 256 storylines and character profiles.
- With the creative team, build step outlines for logical and natural flow of the story.
- Work closely with production houses for appropriate casting.
- Manage the creative team of Rock Point 256 for satisfactory, well written and timely delivery of scripts and edit the drama.
- Make regular support supervision visits to listening and action platforms (LAPs) and document change/success stories.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor’s degree in communication, literature, performing arts or related academic field.
- Have a passion for drama and be skilled in writing and editing drama for the ears (radio dramas).
- Ability to utilize the theories of change in behavior change communication to develop a drama that integrates messaging and sustains a logical flow. (Proof of written and/or edited drama scripts will be required).
- The applicant should also have basic skills in utilizing social media (content development and management); community mobilization and interaction (Community dialogues, sensitization and reporting).
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should deliver or send in their applications with an updated and detailed C.V, copies of certificates and testimonials, daytime telephone contact and addresses of three referees to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Communication for Development Foundation Uganda (CDFU),
P. O. Box 8734, Plot 105, Kiira Road,
Kamwokya, Kampala. Uganda.
Deadline: 27th June, 2016 by 5:00 PM
For more of the latest jobs, please visit http://www.theugandanjobline.com or find us on our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UgandanJobline